Egg Carrot Salad has crunchy, shredded carrots, 12 hard-boiled eggs, smoked paprika, cumin, onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, pickle relish, fresh chopped chives. This egg salad recipe is a great way to use up extra eggs and makes a delicious appetizer or side dish!
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Egg Carrot Salad
Hi Everyone, it’s egg salad season!
This Egg Carrot Salad is my new favorite egg salad.
It has 12 hard-boiled eggs, so it’s a great way to use up eggs and Springtime is when those hens are laying plentifully.
Our family loves carrots and we always have a big, 5-pound bag of carrots on hand in the refrigerator – this recipe uses 1 cup of shredded carrot.
Also, if you juice, you can use the leftover carrot pulp too.
RELATED: Egg Salad Recipe
How to Make this Recipe Vegetarian
- If you use vegetarian-fed eggs, this recipe can be considered vegetarian.
- Make sure the condiments that you use (i.e. mustard, mayonnaise, relish, etc.) have all-vegetarian ingredients, make sure to check the labels.
Egg salad is great to bring to picnics (make sure you have a cooler to keep it cold!), BBQs, or just to meal plan for the week which is what I usually do.
I like to make sandwiches with this Egg Carrot Salad, you can also eat it with crunchy kettle chips, and/or if you are not vegan/vegetarian sprinkle bacon bits on it.
This egg salad tastes like deviled eggs in salad form.
- Chocolate-Covered Frozen Banana Slices
- How to Meal Plan
- Beet Salad
- Cold Brew Iced Tea
- How to Reduce Food Waste
If you try this Egg Carrot Salad recipe and like it, please give it a recipe rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments below.
I would love to know what meal or occasion you make it for!
Thank you for reading and following along!
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot (about 2-3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded)
- 2-3 tablespoons yellow onion (or sweet, Vidalia onion)
- 2 celery sticks, ends trimmed and chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, regular or amount to taste
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish (Dill or Sweet), or amount to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard, or amount to taste
- 1 tsp white vinegar, or amount to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt, amount to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground or amount to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives or amount to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chopped, hard-boiled eggs, shredded carrot, onion, optional celery, mayonnaise, relish, mustard, vinegar, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. You can add in some chives, at this time, in the salad or reserve them just for the topping. Combine all the ingredients. Serve right away or chill. Enjoy!
- Optional: celery seed is also very good added to this egg carrot salad, you can start at 1/2 teaspoon
- I like to make sandwiches with this Egg Carrot Salad, you can also eat it with crunchy kettle chips and/or if you are not vegan/vegetarian sprinkle bacon bits on it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
HÖLM 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mesh Micro-Perforated Strainer Colander Set (1-Quart, 2.5-Quart and 4.5-Quart)
Cuisinart 719-16 Chef's Classic Stainless Saucepan with Cover, 1 1/2 Quart
OXO 1072121 Good Grips Multi-Purpose Kitchen & Herbs Scissors,Multicolor
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
OXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set, 3-Piece
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Pyrex Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set, 8-Piece, Clear
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 377mgSodium: 353mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.