This Egg Salad Recipe is perfect for having at Summer holidays, gatherings or anytime of the year. You can also make this standby Egg Salad Recipe for a delicious, protein-packed, quick lunch. (only 6 required ingredients, makes 4 servings)
Egg Salad Recipe
Hi everyone, what’s Summer without a Egg Salad Recipe? It’s a great way to use up a lot of eggs if you have your own hens (or access to hens) too.
Ingredients for Egg Salad Recipe
Only 6 ingredients are required for this Egg Salad Recipe!
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, or to taste, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh Dill, plus more for garnishing
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar, optional
Helpful Kitchen Tools for this Egg Salad Recipe
- Acutos 13-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons – Premium Metal Stackable Set – 6 Cups & 7 Spoons Nested Perfectly to Measure Dry and Liquid Ingredients“>measuring spoons and cups
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowls, ¾ – 1.5 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 8 Quart – Cooking Supplies“>mixing bowls
- Miusco 5 Piece Silicone Cooking Utensil Set with Natural Acacia Hard Wood Handle“>kitchen utensils
- Lodge EC6D43 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 6-Quart, Island Spice Red“>Dutch oven or Farberware 16715 10.5 quart Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Aluminum Covered Stockpot, Large, Aqua“>large pot for boiling the eggs
- OXO Good Grips Utility Cutting Board“>cutting board
- Imarku Pro Kitchen 8 inch Chef’s Knife High Carbon Stainless Steel Sharp Knives Ergonomic Equipment“>chef’s knife
I know you will love this basic, Egg Salad Recipe!
- 12 large hard boiled eggs, peeled, chilled, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, for salting the water when boiling the eggs
- 1/2 cup celery, washed, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste, for the egg salad
- 1/4 cup fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar, or to taste, optional
- paprika , to taste
Preparing Hard Boiled Eggs
- Prepare the hard boiled eggs, bring salted water to a boil, carefully add the eggs. Bring water down to a simmer, have the pot uncovered and allow the eggs to sit in the water 9-11 minutes. (the time can differ depending on your stove, I have an electric stove and it takes 10-11 minutes for hard boiled eggs). When the eggs are done, remove them from the water and put in a bowl in the refrigerator to cool. When the eggs are cool, peel the eggs, rinse and dry to make sure all the shell is removed. Discard shells. Chop the eggs and put them in a large mixing bowl.
Egg Salad Recipe
- In the large mixing bowl with chopped eggs, add the celery, sweet onion, mayonnaise, fresh dill, Kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, optional white wine vinegar and optional paprika to taste. Mix until combined. Serve right away or refrigerate for at least a 1/2 hour or overnight before serving to allow the ingredients to come together. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 673Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 754mgSodium: 1286mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Tuna Salad Recipe
- Apple Carrot Raisin Chicken Salad
- Avocado Garden Salad Recipe
- Tuna Melts
- Sautéed Stinging Nettles
- Egg Carrot Salad
- Deviled Eggs
- Quiche Lorraine Recipe
- Grinch Sugar Cookies
- How to Make Kale Chips
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
What’s your favorite Summer salad recipe? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin This! ⇓