This Egg Salad Recipe is perfect for having at Summer holidays, gatherings, or any time of the year. You can also make this standby Egg Salad Recipe for a delicious, protein-packed, quick lunch. (only 6 required ingredients, makes 4 servings)
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Egg Salad Recipe
Hi everyone, what’s Summer without a Egg Salad Recipe?
It’s a great way to use up a lot of eggs if you have your own hens (or access to hens) too.
Only 6 ingredients are required for this Egg Salad Recipe!
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, or to taste, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh Dill, plus more for garnishing
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar, optional
- measuring spoons and cups
- mixing bowls
- kitchen utensils
- Dutch oven or large pot for boiling the eggs
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
I know you will love this basic, Egg Salad Recipe!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Tuna Salad Recipe
- Apple Carrot Raisin Chicken Salad
- Avocado Garden Salad Recipe
- Tuna Melts
- Sautéed Stinging Nettles
- Egg Carrot Salad
- Deviled Eggs
- Quiche Lorraine Recipe
- Grinch Sugar Cookies
- How to Make Kale Chips
What’s your favorite Summer salad recipe?
Please let me know in the comments below!
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Mint Shortcake with Ladyfingers
- Rose Water Simple Syrup
- Strawberry Salsa Recipe
- Thai Iced Tea
- 12 large hard boiled eggs, peeled, chilled, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, for salting the water when boiling the eggs
- 1/2 cup celery, washed, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste, for the egg salad
- 1/4 cup fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar, or to taste, optional
- paprika , to taste
Preparing Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Prepare the hard-boiled eggs, bring salted water to a boil, carefully add the eggs. Bring water down to a simmer, have the pot uncovered and allow the eggs to sit in the water for 9-11 minutes. (the time can differ depending on your stove, I have an electric stove and it takes 10-11 minutes for hard-boiled eggs). When the eggs are done, remove them from the water and put them in a bowl in the refrigerator to cool. When the eggs are cool, peel the eggs, rinse and dry to make sure all the shell is removed. Discard shells. Chop the eggs and put them in a large mixing bowl.
Egg Salad Recipe
- In the large mixing bowl with chopped eggs, add the celery, sweet onion, mayonnaise, fresh dill, Kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, optional white wine vinegar, and optional paprika to taste. Mix until combined. Serve right away or refrigerate for at least a 1/2 hour or overnight before serving to allow the ingredients to come together. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Lodge 6 Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Classic Red Enamel Dutch Oven (Island Spice Red)
- Calphalon Classic Nonstick Dutch Oven with Cover, 7 quart, Grey
- OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 673Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 754mgSodium: 1286mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.