Cold Brew Iced Coffee is a favorite way to brew coffee during those hot, Summer months. Enjoy this full-bodied, brew iced with milk, cream, and optional favorite sweetener. (vegan option)
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Table of contents
Cold Brew Iced Coffee
Hi Everyone, the hot weather this past week inspired a rash of drink ideas for the blog and also solved the practical problem of helping me cool down 🙂
So, have you tried Cold Brew Iced Coffee?
Making Cold Brew Coffee is something great to do when the weather is hot.
All you have to do is put the coffee and water in the fridge overnight and in the morning you have a coffee treat.
Did you see my last coffee-inspired post on French Press Coffee?
I really love coffee and I am finally going about getting the coffee-inspired blog posts that have been kicking around in my head onto the blog…
The unicorn duck in the photo above was a goodie bag gift from a birthday party my daughter attended last month. Somehow it ended up in these photos!
No joke, it was some photo-styling help from my 4 year old 🙂
Drinking a nice tall glass of cold brew coffee makes me feel as happy as that unicorn duck 😉
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
- 3/4 cup coffee beans measure the beans whole, then grind to a coarse, even grind
- 32 ounces water (4 cups) filtered
- favorite sweetener optional, amount to taste
- cream, half and half, milk or non-dairy substitute optional, amount to taste
- 1-2 cups ice
- coffee filter (I used a No. 4 coffee filter (or a mesh reusable one) and filter it in my coffee maker)
- coffee grinder
- measuring spoons and cups
- 32-ounce mason jar with lid
- paper or stainless steel straw 🙂
Getting the Right Grind
Ideally, for grinding beans for the cold brew method (similar to the grind I use for the French Press Coffee), you want a Burr grinder that makes a larger sandy-gravel grind but you can get a similar effect by using a regular grinder like mine above.
I just pulse and shake the grinder until I get the right, even consistency.
Make sure you do not do a fine grind as you would want for an automatic drip coffee maker, that would make the coffee too bitter and the filtration process harder.
What does the unicorn duck have to do with cold brew iced coffee?
Silly, I know, but it’s fun 🙂
Let’s not be too serious, right?
The gold straws I got off Amazon and I also recently got a set of stainless steel reusable straws which are awesome (that means, expect to see them on the blog in the future).
Those frothy bubbles tho…
I used a medium roast coffee in these photos (that’s why the coffee is so light).
Cold perfection in a glass…after you have the basics down, you can experiment with different varieties of coffee and ratios, according to your tastes.
The variety of coffee used in these photos are @oneuponedowncoffee Kenya kichwa tembo.
It’s nice to have a break from my usual dark roasts. It’s full-bodied without any hardness and low acidity.
Our Other Recipes & Posts
- If you like this Cold Brew Iced Coffee post, you might also like, No-Churn Coffee Ice Cream, Sweetened Condensed Milk Coffee, Coffee Whipped Cream.
- Whipped Cream Cold-Brew Iced Coffee
- Coffee Limeade
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Irish Coffee
- Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea
- Coffee Lemonade
- Coffee Drink Recipe Collection
- Unicorn Rainbow Cake
- Egg Salad Recipe
- Peach Cobbler Recipe
- Dirt Cake Cups
- Lavender Lemonade Recipe
- How to Make Hand Sanitizer
- How To Clean a Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink
- Chinese New Year Recipe Collection
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Iced Coffee
- Flower Ice Cubes
- Cold Brew Brownies
Let me know how you like to drink your cold brew iced coffee in the comments below!
- Mixed Summer Berry Trifle
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drink Recipe
- Lavender Lemonade Recipe
- Lilac Flower Tea
- Lavender Rose Shortbread Recipe
This post was originally published 7/6/2018 and updated and republished on 9/16/2019, 4/20/2021
- 3/4 cup coffee beans, measure the beans whole, then grind to a coarse, even grind
- 32 ounces water (4 cups), filtered
- favorite sweetener, optional, amount to taste
- cream, half and half, milk or non-dairy substitute, optional, amount to taste
- 1-2 cups ice
- Measure and grind your coffee to a coarse grind. Add the ground coffee to the lidded container.
- Add 32 ounces (4 cups) filtered water to the container and stir. Allow to sit on the counter or in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight. When the coffee is done steeping, pour the mixture over a filter to strain out the grinds. Serve iced black or with cream, half and a half or milk, and optional favorite sweetener, enjoy!
- you will need a filter, 32-ounce lidded container, measuring spoons, and cups.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
- Cold Brew Coffee Bag 1 Pack | Hemp Nut Milk Bag Reusable | Coffee Sock, Cold Brew Filter Strainer Bag - Reusable Coffee Filter Fits 64 Oz. Mason Jar
- JarJackets Silicone Mason Jar Protector Sleeve - Fits Ball, Kerr 16oz (1 pint) WIDE-Mouth Jars | Package of 4 (Multicolor) …
- 6pcs Pack 304 Stainless Steel Wide Mouth Mason Jar Lids with Straw Hole, Including 6pcs Stainless Steel Straws and 1pcs Cleaning Brush, Compatible with Ball & Kerr Mason Jars
- OXO Good Grips Smooth Edge Can Opener
- ecozoi Stainless Steel Metal Ice Cube Trays with Easy Release Handle - 2 Pack with Stand | 36 Ice Cube Slots | Removable Slots for Easy Ice Cube Removal and Cleaning | Eco Friendly, Plastic Free
- RSVP Endurance Stainless Steel Large Cube Ice Tray
- Opal Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- Vremi Countertop Ice Maker - Ice Cubes Ready in 9 Minutes - Makes 26 Pounds Ice in 24 hrs - Perfect for Water Bottles, Mixed Drinks - Portable Stainless Steel Ice Maker with Ice Scoop and Basket
- Hiware 12-Pack Gold Stainless Steel Straws Reusable with Case - Metal Drinking Straws for 30oz / 20oz Tumblers Yeti Dishwasher Safe, 2 Brushes Included
- Naturalik 300-Pack Biodegradable Paper Straws Dye-Free- Brown Kraft Premium Eco-Friendly Paper Straws Bulk- Drinking Straws for Juices, Smoothies, Restaurants and Party Decorations, 7.7" (Brown Kraft)
- Zunii 300-Pack Multi-Color Biodegradable Paper Straws - 10 Bright Colors - Eco Friendly Straws for Juice, Soda, Cocktails, Shakes - Great for Birthday Parties, Bridal Showers, Cake Pop Sticks
- SENHAI Set of 8 Stainless Steel Straws for 30oz 20oz Tumblers Cups Mugs, Metal Drinking Straw with Cleaning Brush for 30 20 Ounce Yeti Rambler Rtic Ozark Trail
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- (2 Packs) Ball Mason Wide Mouth Half Pint Jars - 8oz - 4 Jars Per Box - Total 8 Jars
- Ball 24 oz Jar, Wide mouth, 24 ounce (Pack of 2),Clear
- Anchor Hocking Heavy Base Highball Drinking Glasses, 15 oz (Set of 12)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 1054mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 10gSugar: 22gProtein: 21g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.