Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Egg-in-a-Hole toast is a piece of toast with a shape cut out of it with a cookie cutter and then an egg is fried in it in a cast-iron skillet with butter. You can use a fun shape depending on the occasion or what you want!
Hi Everyone, Egg-in-Hole toast is a basic breakfast that can be made with fun shapes using different cookie cutters.
- 1 large egg
- 1 piece of toast
- 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt, amount to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- large cast-iron skillet
- plate, for serving
- fork, for serving
- Delicata Squash Recipe
- Olive Oil Cake
- Taylor Swift’s Chai Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Peach Slump
- Fruit Pizza
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
If you like this recipe post, you might also like:
- Lay a slice of bread down on a cutting board, in the center, use a cookie cutter to make a hole in the middle. You can also save the top and toast and toast it as well.
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter, over low-medium heat. Add the toast. Add an egg to the middle opening. Cook until it is done to your preferred level of doneness. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 247mgSodium: 774mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best. If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating – it helps others find the recipe!
(This recipe was originally photographed on 1/2/2020 and published 1/23/2022)