This Ganache Tart recipe is easy yet decadent with a homemade almond (or plain) and butter tart crust and smooth homemade chocolate ganache.
Hi Everyone, this Homemade Chocolate Ganache Tart has an almond and butter homemade crust and it is surprisingly EASY to make! Yay for easy! The Ganache filling can be made completely on the stove top (only a 5-10 minute step) and the homemade crust which is a simple pie crust enhanced with almonds is baked in the oven before filling.
You can certainly make this easier by getting store bought pie crust, no judgement here, whatever it takes to get to a homemade chocolate ganache tart is fine by me.
Ingredients for Ganache Tart
- 1 tablespoon or less, butter for greasing or Canola oil spray
- semi-sweet or dark chocolate (I used semi-sweet chocolate morsels here but it would be GREAT with dark chocolate, the higher quality the better)
- heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 recipe single crust recipe
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (to add to the single crust recipe)
- finely chopped almonds (to add to the single crust recipe)
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Ganache Tart
- medium sauce pan
- measuring spoons and cups
- wet measure
- kitchen scale
- pie weights (got mine from Amazon, specifically, “Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Ceramic Pie Crust Weights, Natural Ceramic Stoneware”)
- tart pan with removable bottom (I use a Wilton rectangular one here but you can certainly use a round tart pan)
Let me know what occasion you make this Ganache Tart for in the comments below!
Our Other Recipes
- 1 recipe single crust recipe, search LLS "Single Crust Recipe"
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract, I use organic
- 1.4 cup almonds (measured when whole), finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, I suggest organic
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, or instant coffee (not regular coffee!)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups semi sweet or dark chocolate morsels, or chopped bar, highest quality is best
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, or almond extract
- Prepare "single crust recipe" according to directions and when mixing the ingredients, add in the sugar, almond extract and chopped almonds.
- When the dough is ready, after it's been chilled, roll out into the shape of your tart tin and press into the tin. Prick the bottom with a fork, add a sheet of parchment paper then add your pie weights and bake in 450 degree F oven for 15-20 mins or until the crust is golden and cooked through.
- In a medium saucepan on the stove top, over low-medium heat, add in heavy whipping cream, unsalted butter, espresso powder, stir with a whisk, bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add in the chocolate and pure vanilla extract. Let it sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, stir in one direction until the chocolate and ingredients are completely combined and smooth. Pour into the cooked tart crust. Allow to cool to room temperature and then transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 288 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 29mg Sodium: 91mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 11g Protein: 5g