This Garlic Herb Eye of the Round Roast is a savory, flavorful, and meaty main dish for the dinner table. This roast is seasoned with fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary and garlic, onions, and Montreal Steak Seasoning. Easy to make for a weeknight or holiday dinner alike. (gluten-free)
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
Garlic Herb Eye of the Round Roast
Hi Everyone, this Garlic Herb Eye of the Round Roast recipe is inspired by my mom’s roast.
Whenever we visit my parents, one of the night’s dinners will always be a roast.
It feeds a crowd which is great for a family dinner and you can make the leftovers easily into sandwiches for the next day.
It’s the kind of food that is perfect for cold, Winter nights but can also be enjoyed year-round.
It’s also not uncommon to have a roast at the Christmas dinner table; growing up we always had a roast in addition to other meats and sides during the holiday dinner.
This Garlic Herb Eye of the Round Roast is a garden-inspired recipe because it makes use of the fresh herbs we grew in the garden this year.
I recommend cooking the roast until the meat is medium-rare (which is an internal temperature of 125-130 degrees F)
- eye round beef roast (boneless)
- Montreal steak seasoning
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- fresh thyme sprigs
- crushed fresh garlic
- regular olive oil
- meat thermometer
- roasting pan or 9 x 13 inch pan
- measuring spoons
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
I know you will love this Garlic Herb Eye of the Round Roast recipe!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Sheet Pan Lemon Tarragon Salmon Dinner
- Herb Baked Chicken Tenders
- Garlic Herb Dry Brine
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi
How do you like your roasts to be cooked? Rare, medium, or well done? Let me know in the comments below!
- Peach Cobbler Recipe
- Roasted Purslane Chips
- How to Make Milk with Milk Powder
- Sautéed Purslane
- Air Fryer Kohlrabi Fries
- 2.5 pounds eye of the round beef roast, fat trimmed, if you wish
- 1-2 tbsps olive oil, regular
- 2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 medium-large yellow onion, sliced into 4 large, even slices
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place roast in the center of a roasting pan. Drizzle the roast with regular olive oil. Sprinkle Montreal steak seasoning evenly all over the roast and then rub it in.
- Place crushed garlic, sliced onions, rosemary & thyme sprigs on top of the roast. Insert the meat thermometer into the center of the roast.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1.5 hours depending on how well you want the roast cooked. Check the roast at 1 hour. *note: when I make this roast for 1.5 hours in my electric convection oven it comes out medium-well. Go by the meat thermometer to get the desired level of doneness. The internal temperature should be 135 degrees F - see recipe notes.
- When the roast is done, allow it to stand 15-20 minutes before slicing into it.
*you can use a rack under the roast if you want to lift the roast up from the pan juices.
**You can make an eye of the round roast at a high temperature as well but for the purpose of this recipe, using fresh herbs, I recommend the lower temperature.
***I recommend cooking the roast until the meat is medium-rare (which is an internal temperature of 125-130 degrees F) for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, cook an extra 15 minutes if you want it more medium-well, as shown in the pictures.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- DOWAN 14-inch Porcelain Oval Platters/Serving Plates - 2Packs, White, Stackable
- OXO Good Grips Soft-Handled Garlic Press
- Cuisinart 7117-16UR Chef's Classic Stainless 16-Inch Rectangular Roaster with Rack
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
- Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Habor 022 Meat Thermometer, FDA Approval 4.7 Inches Long Probe Thermometer Digital Cooking Thermometer with Instant Read Sensor for Kitchen BBQ Grill Smoker Meat Oil Milk Yogurt Temperature
- ThermoPro TP03 Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer Kitchen Cooking Food Candy Thermometer with Backlight and Magnet for Oil Deep Fry BBQ Grill Smoker Thermometer
- Ultra Cuisine 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack for Baking fits Half Sheet Pans Cool Cookies, Cakes, Breads - Oven Safe for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling - Heavy Duty Commercial Quality
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.