Herb Baked Chicken Tenders are a perfect weeknight dinner main dish. This recipe uses fresh garden herbs to make chicken tenders taste flavorful and delicious. (gluten-free)
Herb Baked Chicken Tenders
Hi Everyone, I made this Herb Baked Chicken Tenders recipe when my parents were visiting over the Summer and it made for a delicious dinner. These Herb Baked Chicken Tenders could also be cut up and put over a salad or used in a wrap.
I have found that chicken is a pretty plain meat and it needs the right seasoning or marinade to make it shine. This recipe is one of my “garden-inspired” recipes, you can see all of the garden-inspired recipes, here.
This blend of herbs utilizes dried Winter Savory, fresh Italian parsley, Kosher salt, fresh ground pepper medley, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and that’s it! It’s a very simple marinade and gluten-free.
If you do not have or can not find Winter Savory, just use the same amount of Thyme instead, it’s very similar. I picked some fresh from my father-in-law’s garden, dried and jarred it to use over this Fall and Winter. It goes great with meats and in soups and stews. It has a lovely depth of flavor.
To see all the chicken-related recipes and posts on LLS, visit here.
This is how this Herb Baked Chicken Tenders looks like before it goes into the oven to be baked.
Are you looking for the perfect side dishe(s) to serve with this Herb Baked Chicken Tenders recipe? Check out all of the side dish recipes on LLS here.
I know you will love this simple Herb Baked Chicken Tenders recipe!
- 1-1.5 pounds chicken tenders, get the freshest chicken, I usually get organic or at least hormone-free, vegetarian fed chicken
- 5-9 sprigs dried (or fresh) Winter Savory herb, use less if fresh
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, washed, chopped, plus more for serving
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil, the more oil you use, the more juice you will have for serving
- 1-2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar, I use the best quality I can find and afford, from Modena, Italy
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, or amount to taste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper medley, or amount to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, optional
- In a baking dish mix all the marinade ingredients and coat the chicken tenders in it. Marinade chicken for at least a half hour before cooking; you can also marinade for a few hours or overnight. The chicken tenders will only taste better the longer it is marinated.
- When the chicken tenders are done marinating, bake in a 425 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes. You can turn once half way though (although I never bother to). Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
The safest way to check for doneness is by using a meat thermometer, the internal temperature of chicken should be 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius).
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1383 Total Fat: 97g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 74g Cholesterol: 170mg Sodium: 2869mg Carbohydrates: 65g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 9g Protein: 64g
What’s your favorite chicken dinner dish? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin This! ⇓
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs - February 5, 2019
- Home Brew Kombucha - February 4, 2019
- Game Day Entertaining Starters and Appetizers Recipe Roundup - February 1, 2019