This Hamburger Vegetable Soup is hearty and flavorful and warms you from head to toe. And with so many veggie combinations available, it’s totally customizable to your tastes!
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Table of contents
Hamburger Vegetable Soup
Hamburger Vegetable Soup is another one of those recipes that makes me think of home.
As in, my Michigan home of Decatur. My parents have a number of staple soups they like to make.
They originally got this Hamburger Vegetable Soup from my aunt.
They enjoy it right away, freeze it to enjoy later, give it away to people around town, and sometimes they even make it for the soup suppers that benefit the Human Services food pantry in their small town.
But my favorite was when I lived close enough for them to donate some to ME.
Now that I’m over 1,000 miles away I gotta make the stuff myself. *sigh*
But that’s good news for you because I was able to get it out on the internet for you to try!
- Coconut or olive oil
- Stewed tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- White corn
- Yellow corn
- Lima beans
- Green beans
- Onion soup mix
- Beef bouillon cube
- Chicken bouillon cube
- Cutting board
- Dutch oven or large pot
- Large mixing spoon
- Can opener
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
What’s really great about this Hamburger Vegetable Soup is it’s customizable.
Don’t like lima beans? Don’t add lima beans. Want more peas than the recipe calls for? Go for it.
As long as the tomato base, hamburger, and seasonings are there, it will be tasty.
My husband doesn’t care for large chunks of tomatoes in his soup so he just leaves them for me.
If you don’t like them either you could smoosh them up a bit.
I wouldn’t use diced tomatoes as a substitute though because I don’t think they taste the same. (I love big chunks of tomatoes and if you do too, you should check out my Chicken Paprikas recipe.)
I hope you love this Hamburger Vegetable Soup as much as my family and I do!
Come back and let me know what you added to yours!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Recipe Bucket List
- Homemade Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese on SoFabFood
- Favorite Recipes For When You Are Sick Collection
- Homemade French Onion Soup
- Lemon Recipes Collection
- Instant Pot Ham Vegetable Soup
- Salad Recipes Collection
What’s your favorite soup? Please let me know in the comments below!
- No-Knead Flaxseed Bread
- Tiramisu Trifle Recipe
- Tri Color Salad
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Mint Shortcake with Ladyfingers
- 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 lbs ground beef, 90/10 works best
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 3 cups water
- 3 14.5 oz cans stewed tomatoes
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz canned yellow corn, drained
- 11 oz canned white corn, drained
- 10 oz frozen lima beans
- 10 oz frozen green beans
- 10 oz frozen peas
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a dutch oven or large pot, warm the oil on medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ground beef, salt, and pepper, and cook until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Simmer for about an hour before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
- Lodge 6 Quart Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Classic Red Enamel Dutch Oven (Island Spice Red)
- Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Cooks Standard 02520 Quart Classic Stainless Steel Stockpot with Lid, 12-QT, Silver
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 1140mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 8gSugar: 11gProtein: 33g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.