This Homemade Carrot Ginger Soup recipe is healthy, delicious and good for you. It’s loaded with healthy carrots, onions, garlic, celery and ginger. (vegan, gluten-free, traditional option)
Homemade Carrot Ginger Soup
Hey Everyone, we are trying to keep it healthy whenever we can over here by making this healthy Homemade Carrot Ginger Soup! We make this soup often in our house and it’s one of our favorites because we are always in the mood for it. It is great as a hot, soothing soup in the Fall and Winter, it’s bright and healthy for Spring and Summer as well, making it perfect for any season.
I include notes in the ingredients where you can make substitutions to make this with a traditional option with chicken stock and butter. Traditionally, I would also serve this soup with croutons, fresh baked bread (like my No-Knead Bread) and topped with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt or sour cream and sprinkled with chopped Italian parsley.
Recently, my husband, Eric, has been on a low-carb diet, with more plant-based options, so you will see some recipe inspired by his health kick come across the blog. Of course, I am trying to be healthy too as my body is shedding it’s pregnancy weight since I gave birth to my son 4 1/2 months ago.
Ingredients for Homemade Carrot Ginger Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (regular), you can substitute the same amount unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 1 pound carrots peeled, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces, about 6-7 large carrots
- 1 cup yellow onion peeled, chopped
- 1 cup celery washed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, you can substitute 1 tablespoon fresh, minced ginger
- 2 cups vegetable stock, you can substitute chicken stock or bone broth, if not vegan
- 2 cups water
- freshly ground black pepper for serving, amount to taste
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Homemade Carrot Ginger Soup
- large soup pot or Dutch oven
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- wet 2-cup measure
- immersion blender or regular blender
- measuring spoons and cups
- soup ladle
Related Posts on LLS
I know you will love this Homemade Carrot Ginger Soup recipe!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4-6
Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 313Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 1312mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 8gSugar: 13gProtein: 8g
This recipe is inspired by a similar version of it, from my guest post Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe on SoFabFood.com
Pin This! ⇓