This Carrot Pumpkin Soup is savory, warm and soothing with Fall flavors. Try this healthy soup for dinner tonight!
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Carrot Pumpkin Soup
Hi Everyone, this Carrot Pumpkin Soup is savory, warm, soothing and perfect for Fall!
I have made several iterations of carrot soup over the years, including this Carrot Ginger Soup, and I just want to say that whatever iteration it is, it is ALWAYS a winner at the dinner table.
I was inspired to make this when I was developing several Fall-themed recipes over the past few months and my husband and I were just craving some carrot soup – well I had some extra pumpkin puree and the rest is history 🙂
This Carrot Pumpkin Soup recipe is one of our Fall-inspired recipes, to see all of our “Fall” recipes on LLS, visit here.
Ingredients for Carrot Pumpkin Soup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, You can substitute the same amount coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced into about 1/2 inch-size pieces (about 6-7 large carrots)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree, you can add more to taste
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped, optional
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, or amount to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth, You can substitute vegetable stock, if vegan
- 2 cups water
- serve with fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- fresh Italian parsley, chopped, for garnish, optional
- serve with desired amount sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, optional
- serve with French bread or croutons, optional
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Carrot Pumpkin Soup
- Dutch oven or large soup pot
- measuring spoons and cups
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- vegetable peeler
- immersion blender or regular blender, this is an updated version of my blender which I love:
I know you will love this Carrot Pumpkin Soup!
Carrot Pumpkin Soup
This Carrot Pumpkin Soup is savory, warm and soothing with Fall flavors. Try this healthy soup for dinner tonight! (vegan option)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter You can substitute the same amount coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots peeled and sliced into about 1/2 inch-size pieces (about 6-7 large carrots)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree you can add more to taste
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped optional
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt or amount to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth You can substitute vegetable stock, if vegan
- 2 cups water
- serve with fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- fresh Italian parsley, chopped, for garnish optional
- serve with desired amount sour cream or plain Greek yogurt optional
- serve with French bread or croutons optional
Melt the unsalted butter in a Dutch oven or large soup pot. When the butter is melted, add the chopped carrots and onions. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally and add 1 teaspoon kosher salt when you start stirring. You do not let them brown.You want the onions to be softened which will take about 5-8 mins.
Add 2 cups of chicken broth, 2 cups of water, and pumpkin puree to the mixture. Cook for 20 minutes at a simmer, until carrots are tender.
You can blend in the pot carefully with an immersion blender or in batches in a regular blender. Blend to a purée to get a smooth texture. Add more kosher salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley, some sour cream/plain Greek yogurt (optional), and toasted French bread (optional).
You can adjust the consistency by adding more or less broth.
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
- Be sure to sign up for the Life’s Little Sweets e-mail newsletter for more updates and FREE recipes!
What would you pair this Carrot Pumpkin Soup recipe with? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin This! ⇓
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Productivity Tips for Working at Home + Sangria Mocktail - March 13, 2018
- First Stitch Fix Unboxing - March 10, 2018
- Homemade Cinnamon Buns - March 9, 2018