Jackfruit Pizza is an easy to make, savory, vegetarian, homemade pizza dough recipe with ready-made, seasoned Jackfruit, my simple, recipe for homemade pizza dough and toppings of your choice like, shredded cheese and Italian parsley – try this for your next lunch, meal prep or dinner meal!
Hi Friends, Have you heard about Jackfruit? The exotic, tropical fruit that has a meat-like texture, similar to pulled pork and takes on any seasoning you throw at it quite well? If you haven’t heard of it, I am sure that you soon will.
I finally tried it after months and years of curiosity about this ingredient, not being able to find it and then finally seeing it pop up in my local grocery store. Let me tell you, this is a GREAT alternative to meat, in terms of getting that satisfying, meaty texture. It makes a great contender for a meatless Monday (or any meatless night).
RELATED: How To Make Pizza Dough
Our family is trying to integrate more “meatless” nights. We are still carnivores but we just want to consume much less and we almost never have meat at the center of our meals anymore. We do this for health, wellness and lifestyle reasons. Any meat that we do get, we are sure to read labels or better yet, try to source it locally from a sustainable farm where we know the farmer!
RELATED: Check out all my complete, Pizza Making Kitchen Tools List in my Amazon Influencer Store!
More Vegetarian Meal Recipes
I want to have more vegetarian lunch/dinners available on the blog. I have several vegetarian meals that I have photographed and that I will be posting over the coming months.
It’s important to me because vegetarian meals are actually something that we eat in real life in our home. I am always looking to remake familiar, family meals in a vegetarian way.
I used a “tex mex” pre-seasoned (10 ounces), packaged jackfruit meal starter by The Jackfruit Company. This post is in no way sponsored, I bought their product at my local grocery store (Stop & Shop), tried it and liked the results!
What is Jackfruit?
According to Wikipedia, Jackfruit is:
The jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus), also known as jack tree, is a species of tree in the fig, mulberry, and breadfruit family (Moraceae). Its origin is in the region between the Western Ghats of southern India and the rainforests of Malaysia. … Jackfruit is commonly used in South and Southeast Asian cuisines.
My husband and I enjoyed this Jackfruit Pizza so much that I am pretty sure you will be seeing more Jackfruit recipe grace the blog.
Our Other Vegetarian Recipes
If you like this Jackfruit Pizza recipe, check out our other vegetarian recipes:
- Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe
- Green Bean Casserole
- Homemade Gingerbread Syrup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Crock-Pot Butter Corn
- Strawberry Recipes Collection
- Tea Recipes Collection
- How To Make Pizza Dough
- Cold Brew Brownies
- Strawberry Nutella Waffles
- Cornbread Muffins
- Blackberry Recipes Collection
- Caprese Pizza
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Iced Coffee
- How to Make Rice in a Rice Cooker
- Galette Recipes
- Bars Recipes Collection
- Funeral Potatoes
- Deconstructed Jalapeno Popper Bites
- Maple Honey Roasted Pecan Cream Cheese
- How to Make Homemade Vanilla Extract
Our Other Recipes and Posts
If you like this Jackfruit Pizza recipe, check out our other recipes and posts:
- Ganache Tart
- Deviled Eggs
- One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese
- No Knead Bread Rolls
- 10 4th of July Recipes
- Dumpling Recipes Collection
- December Recipes Collection
- Lemon Rosemary Salmon
- Thanksgiving Menu 2019
- Holiday Side Dish Recipes Collection
- 12 Memorial Day Recipes
- 5-Ingredient White Pizza
- Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
- Peanut Butter Recipes Collection
- How To Manifest a Family Meal + Chicken Taco Pizza
- Black Friday Super Sunday Cyber Monday Favorites 2019
- Candy Corn Lollipops
If you make this Jackfruit Pizza recipe and like it, please leave a recipe review in the recipe card below. Thank you for reading and following along!
- Preheat your oven (convection) to 450 degrees F.
- Roll the pizza dough (*see notes) out, spread the Jackfruit over the dough evenly. Add any additional, optional toppings (like shredded cheese).
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes. If you want the pizza more crisp, you can bake it for 5 more minutes at a time checking to make sure any excess moisture has evaporated off the Jackfruit.
- *This recipe makes 1-2 pizzas. the pizza dough recipe makes 1 large pizza or 2 individual pizzas. In the pictures in this post, 10 ounces is on 1 individual pizza (half the pizza dough recipe) which made for a nice, chunky pizza, this may require extra time in some ovens to evaporate any excess moisture in the Jackfruit.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
If You Care FSC Certified Parchment Baking Paper, 70 sq ft (Pack of 2)
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
5x Pizza Pie Server Cake Holder Transfer Triangular Spade Spatula for Cake Baking Wood Wooden Handle Shovel Stainless Steel
Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch (2 pack)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 38Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g