Pan-Fried Tomatoes are a tasty side dish to go with dinner, you can have them over a salad or with crackers and cheese for an appetizer.
How is everyone’s #dinnergoals going? Are you ever at a loss at what to have as a side dish to go with the main course of your dinner?
These Pan-Fried Tomatoes are a very simple way to prepare tomatoes and they are great over steamed rice, pasta, meat or as an addition to a salad.
I started out this blog sharing my baking recipes but slowly over time, I have been sharing more dinner and savory recipes.
Sometimes dinner can be a scramble during the week and I usually give myself less than an hour, sometimes just a half hour to put something together.
I intentionally give myself a narrow amount of time to make dinner because I do not want to spend a lot of time preparing dinner. These Pan-Fried Tomatoes only take minutes to prepare…
This recipe tastes lovely over a bed of pasta, rice, zoodles or spaghetti squash!
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Ingredients for Pan-Fried Tomatoes
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved (you can use any variety of tomato, just cut them into smaller pieces if they are large)
- 2 tbsp olive oil regular
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic peeled and minced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt, amount to taste you can also use Himalayan pink salt or sea salt in the same amount)
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garnish with fresh, chopped basil, amount to taste
Kitchen Tools Needed for Pan-Fried Tomatoes
- medium frying pan
- silicone spatula or wood spatula
- spatter cover for frying pan *not necessary but recommended to catch any oil spatter
- pepper grinder
If you like this Pan-Fried Tomatoes recipe, you might also like some of our other recipe with tomatoes: Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa, Tomato Basil Mozzarella Puff Pastry Tart, Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad, Gluten Free Fried Tomatoes and Grilled Cheese Tomato Bites on SoFabFood.
I know you will love these simply prepared, pan-fried tomatoes!
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (you can use any variety of tomato, just cut them into smaller pieces if they are large)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, regular
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt, amount to taste, you can also use Himalayan pink salt or sea salt in the same amount)
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped, amount to taste, for garnishing
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat, make sure oil is coating the whole surface of the pan. Add minced garlic. Add tomatoes and have them evenly cover the surface of the frying pan, cover with spatter cover or pan lid and cook for a few minutes.
- Keep and eye on them so they do not burn, and lower the heat if necessary, after a few minutes have passed, using a spatula, turn over tomatoes so they cook evenly. Tomatoes should blister a little on their skin. Remove from heat when they are cooked to your desired texture which may be a little more or less for some people depending if they will be served alone or over another dish. They can be cooked down into more of a sauce too if desired. Top with fresh basil.Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
- Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311
- 5/31/2018 – I recently updated the photos in this post, I left a thumbnail of the previous photo in case you are looking for it (original post date 10/27/2016)
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Hops Flower Tea
- How to Make Kale Chips
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee
- Air Fryer Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Caprese Pizza
- Irish Coffee
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Egg Carrot Salad
- Egg In a Hole Bagel
- Salmon Tacos with Fresh Salsa and Avocado Sauce
- Lazy Person Deviled Eggs
- Homemade Turkey Soup
- How to Roast a Chicken
- Sautéed Beet Greens
- Vegetarian Mac n Cheese
- $25 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway
- Flower Ice Cubes
- Oatmeal Recipes Collection