Pan-Fried Tomatoes are a tasty side dish to go with dinner, you can have them over a salad or with crackers and cheese for an appetizer.
How is everyone’s #dinnergoals going? Are you ever at a loss at what to have as a side dish to go with the main course of your dinner?
These Pan-Fried Tomatoes are a very simple way to prepare tomatoes and they are great over steamed rice, pasta, meat or as an addition to a salad.
I started out this blog sharing my baking recipes but slowly over time, I have been sharing more dinner and savory recipes.
Sometimes dinner can be a scramble during the week and I usually give myself less than an hour, sometimes just a half hour to put something together.
I intentionally give myself a narrow amount of time to make dinner because I do not want to spend a lot of time preparing dinner. These Pan-Fried Tomatoes only take minutes to prepare…
This recipe tastes lovely over a bed of pasta, rice, zoodles or spaghetti squash!
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Ingredients for Pan-Fried Tomatoes
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved (you can use any variety of tomato, just cut them into smaller pieces if they are large)
- 2 tbsp olive oil regular
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic peeled and minced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt, amount to taste you can also use Himalayan pink salt or sea salt in the same amount)
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garnish with fresh, chopped basil, amount to taste
Kitchen Tools Needed for Pan-Fried Tomatoes
- medium frying pan
- silicone spatula or wood spatula
- spatter cover for frying pan *not necessary but recommended to catch any oil spatter
- pepper grinder
If you like this Pan-Fried Tomatoes recipe, you might also like some of our other recipe with tomatoes: Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa, Tomato Basil Mozzarella Puff Pastry Tart, Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad, Gluten Free Fried Tomatoes and Grilled Cheese Tomato Bites on SoFabFood.
I know you will love these simply prepared, pan-fried tomatoes!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 311
- 5/31/2018 – I recently updated the photos in this post, I left a thumbnail of the previous photo in case you are looking for it (original post date 10/27/2016)
What’s your favorite side dish? Let me know in the comments below! Best Wishes, ~Sara