Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa has only 8 simple ingredients or less and takes only minutes to make in the food processor! (gluten-free, vegan)
Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa
Hi Everyone, this Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa is a great way to use your tomatoes which are plentiful at the end of Summer. Right now, it’s officially Fall and my garden is still producing tomatoes everyday. It’s also in the mid to high 80’s, so I am still craving Summer flavors.
It also incorporates plenty of fresh Italian parsley, basil leaves, garlic and red or yellow onion if you choose.
If you have a garden that is plentiful with parsley like mine, this is a great way to use a bunch of it. Cilantro would also be a great addition if you have it available.
You can make it in the food processor and use the pulse setting to make it the texture that you want, either chunky or smooth.
When this Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa is processed to a finer texture, it tastes like Gazpacho.
The garlic adds a bite to the flavor of the salsa. I recommend adding amount of Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper that you want for seasoning. This Homemae Garden Fresh Salsa is best if eaten right away and I am sure it will get gobbled if it’s sitting next to a bowl of chips. It also goes great with tacos.
This recipe is one of my “garden-inspired” recipes, you can see all of the garden-inspired recipes, here.
I know you will love this Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa!
- 6 medium tomatoes (about 2 cups), like Roma or Plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic
- 4 leaves fresh basil, plus more for garnishing, if desired
- 1 small sweet or red onion (about 1/4 cup), optional
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- fresh ground pepper, optional to taste
- hot sauce, optional, amount to taste
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached. Garnish with more fresh basil and serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 51Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Deconstructed Jalapeno Popper Bites
- 5 Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Pistachio Butter
- Baked Ham
- Chocolate Dipped Fresh Fruit on SoFabFood
- Herb Baked Chicken Tenders
- Fresh Figs with Agave Syrup
- Roots to River Farm CSA
- Candy Corn Lollipops
- Food Processor Pizza Dough
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Salmon Tacos with Fresh Salsa and Avocado Sauce
- Cilantro Lime Hummus
- Tomato Recipes Collection
- Sautéed Garlic Asparagus
- Lemon Rosemary Skillet Chicken Thighs
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
How do you like your salsa? How would you customize this recipe? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, Sara
Pin This! ⇓