Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa has only 8 simple ingredients or less and takes only minutes to make in the food processor! (gluten-free, vegan)
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa
Hi Everyone, this Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa is a great way to use your tomatoes which are plentiful at the end of Summer.
Right now, it’s officially Fall and my garden is still producing tomatoes every day.
It’s also in the mid to high 80’s, so I am still craving Summer flavors.
It also incorporates plenty of fresh Italian parsley, basil leaves, garlic, and red or yellow onion if you choose.
If you have a garden that is plentiful with parsley-like mine, this is a great way to use a bunch of it.
Cilantro would also be a great addition if you have it available.
You can make it in the food processor and use the pulse setting to make it the texture that you want, either chunky or smooth.
When this Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa is processed to a finer texture, it tastes like Gazpacho.
The garlic adds a bite to the flavor of the salsa.
I recommend adding the amount of Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper that you want for seasoning.
This Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa is best if eaten right away and I am sure it will get gobbled if it’s sitting next to a bowl of chips.
It also goes great with tacos.
I know you will love this Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Deconstructed Jalapeno Popper Bites
- 5 Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Pistachio Butter
- Baked Ham
- Herb Baked Chicken Tenders
- Fresh Figs with Agave Syrup
- Roots to River Farm CSA
- Candy Corn Lollipops
- Food Processor Pizza Dough
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Salmon Tacos with Fresh Salsa and Avocado Sauce
- Cilantro Lime Hummus
- Tomato Recipes Collection
- Sautéed Garlic Asparagus
- Lemon Rosemary Skillet Chicken Thighs
How do you like your salsa?
How would you customize this recipe?
Please let me know in the comments below!
- How to Make Half and Half
- Pan-Fried Fairytale Eggplant
- Wacky Cake
- Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
- Egg In a Hole Bagel
- 6 medium tomatoes (about 2 cups), like Roma or Plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic
- 4 leaves fresh basil, plus more for garnishing, if desired
- 1 small sweet or red onion (about 1/4 cup), optional
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, optional to taste
- hot sauce, optional, amount to taste
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with more fresh basil and serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
HÖLM 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mesh Micro-Perforated Strainer Colander Set (1-Quart, 2.5-Quart and 4.5-Quart)
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
DOWAN 22oz Porcelain Soup/Cereal Bowls - 4 Packs, White
DOWAN (2 Packs) 2-1/2 Quart Porcelain Serving Bowls - Salad/Pasta Bowl Set, White, Stackable
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
OXO Good Grips Lewis Pepper Mill
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 51Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.