This Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw recipe has a satisfying crunchy texture and delicious flavors like lime and cilantro. It goes very well on tacos, works as a side dish or on top of tacos, bowls or with BBQ.
Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw
Hi Everyone, we are entering the warm weather season when having a good cole slaw recipe in your back pocket. Really, this recipe works year round. Cabbages are available all year round from the grocery store plus they are not expensive, making them the perfect family and meal planning staple vegetable.
RELATED: Fish Tacos (I feature this Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw in this fish tacos recipe)
I love making a large batch of cole slaw when meal planning and we add it as a side or as a veggie topping to bowls and other dishes. The cabbage keeps well for a few days and stays crunchy.
RELATED: Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips and Chocolate Lava Cakes
The fresh squeezed lime juice in this recipe provides the acidic element that replaces the vinegar that you would normally see in a cole slaw recipe.
RELATED: Corned Beef and Cabbage and Easy Braised Baby Carrots
I love how zesty this Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw is, it really goes well with any fish recipe.
RELATED: Easy Peanut Sauce and Easy Guacamole
I added celery seed to this recipe because I feel like it adds a nice flavor to the cole slaw, if you don’t have it, that’s totally fine! The recipe will still work.
RELATED: Pan-Fried Chickpeas and Sautéed Bok Choy
RELATED: Irish Soda Bread and Lemon Rosemary Salmon
If you try this Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw recipe and like it please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post. Thank you for reading and following along!
RELATED: Egg Salad Recipe and Olive Oil Carrots and Cilantro Lime Hummus
- 1 half head of green cabbage (you can substitute the same amount Napa or Savoy cabbage), cored, sliced into shreds
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, or amount to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or amount to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon-1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise, regular
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 teaspoon), optional
- 3 stalks celery, washed and chopped, optional
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add green cabbage, onion, cilantro, salt, pepper, lime juice, olive oil, celery seed, mayonnaise, and optional ingredients, if you wish, the celery and the garlic (gives it more of a bite). Toss the cole slaw mixture until completely combined. Serve right away or chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
DOWAN 22oz Porcelain Soup/Cereal Bowls - 4 Packs, White
Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Aidea Acacia Wooden Salad Bowl - 12.5 Inch Hardwood with Servers Set Big Salad Bowl 3-Piece Set
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 377mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.