This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpoonfulsOfGoodness #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted Banana Ice Cream has only 2 ingredients, is SO easy to make and makes having dessert for breakfast entirely possible! (dairy-free, vegan)
Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted Banana Ice Cream
Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted Banana Ice Cream is the dessert that is totally okay to have for breakfast! There are only 2 ingredients: ripe frozen bananas and Post Cereal Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted.
If you are dairy-free this recipe is perfect for you! My husband is a cereal lover, as am I – but he’s lactose-intolerant. I am always thinking of ways to make our favorite foods dairy-free.
Guess what? When you put frozen ripe bananas in a food processor, it gets this lovely smooth texture that fools you into thinking it’s ice cream. Since you are using ripe bananas, it’s sweet already but you can always drizzle some honey or agave (if vegan) in there, if you want!
This is the New Year and it’s time to make things we love a little healthier but lets not sacrifice flavor – never sacrifice flavor!
About Post Cereal Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted
I am big on texture and Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted has texture and a lot crunch. It also has has four different types of grains in its 10 grams per serving: rice, wheat, oats, and corn. It’s also heart healthy with 0 grams of trans fat, saturated fat, and 0 milligrams of cholesterol per serving. The honey flavor in there is so delicious ?
I also picked up Post Cereals Raisin Bran and Post Great Grains Blueberry Morning at Walmart. I grew up eating Post Cereals Raisin Bran, it was always a staple in our house.
Blueberry Morning is also one of my favorite cereals, I remember in college when I was so tired from a night of studying, I would wake up and have a bowl of it and then I would be ready for a day of classes ahead.
I found these Post cereals in the cereal section at Walmart.
Ingredients for Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted Banana Ice Cream
- 1 cup (or more if you prefer) Post Cereals Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted, plus more for topping
- a bunch of ripe bananas (7 bananas or if you want to fill a whole loaf pan, 9-10 bananas)
- Optional: this recipe is lovely with a little honey drizzled on top, use agave, if vegan
- Optional: toppings like whipped cream, cherries, Homemade Chocolate Shell, sprinkles, nuts, etc.
Kitchen Tools Needed for Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted Banana Ice Cream
- A loaf pan (9″x 5″x 3″ inches) but also it could be another close in size
- A food processor
- aluminum foil and plastic wrap (for covering the loaf pan)
- a cookie/baking sheet and silicone baking mat or parchment/wax paper (for freezing the sliced bananas)
- A stiff baking spatula (for scraping out processed banana)
- An ice cream scoop
- Ice cream bowls
What’s your favorite breakfast indulgence? Let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin this to your “Breakfast” and/or “Dessert” board(s)! ⇓