This Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe is an alternative to traditional pancakes; one large pancake baked in the oven produces a fluffy, satisfying pancake for breakfast or brunch! (1-2 servings)
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
Hi Everyone, I’ve been wanting to share this Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe for a several weeks now since I started making them this Summer.
I have seen other bloggers make them and heard of the recipe.
One day, when we were vacationing on Long Beach Island, I saw Joy the Baker (a blogger I follow) make on on her Instagram Stories.
I didn’t actually use her recipe but watching her make one just finally made me make one, the timing was right too, it was breakfast time 🙂
After making one, I had to make another and then I knew I had to share with everyone here on LLS because it’s such an easy, great recipe to have in your back pocket.
It’s so easy to customize with your favorite toppings.
It reminds me of a big popover with it’s egg-y flavor; it’s so good that when I am eating one, I feel like I just can’t get enough.
I topped this Dutch baby pancake with strawberry jam and pancake syrup but confectioner’s sugar and fresh fruit is a lovely way to enjoy it too.
Helpful Kitchen Tools Needed for Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
- Make sure you own a skillet that can be put in the oven at 425 degrees F.
- measuring spoons and cups
- wet measure
I know you will love this Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe!
This recipe is inspired by How To Make a Dutch Baby Pancake from the Kitchn.com.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- 8 Perfect Easter Recipes
- 10 Festive St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- 5 Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Wacky Cake
- Recipes Readers Are Making Now
- Easy Peanut Sauce
- Edible Cookie Dough
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Sauce Syrup
What toppings would you put on top of this Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe?
Please let me know in the comments below!
- Cake Mix Cookies
- How to Make a Food-Themed Christmas Tree
- Nutella Recipes
- Snack Mix Recipes
- Cabbage Recipes
Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
This Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe is an alternative to traditional pancakes; one large pancake baked in the oven produces a fluffy, satisfying pancake for breakfast or brunch!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- jam or jelly
- confectioner's sugar
- chocolate syrup
- In a medium-large mixing bowl, using a whisk, mix the flour, milk, 2 eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. The batter should be liquidy. Allow the batter to rest for 20-25 minutes.
- While the batter is resting, melt the butter on the stovetop, in a skillet. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. When the batter is ready, add the batter to the melted butter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. When the Dutch Baby Pancake is done (use oven mitts, the skillet will be very hot!), take it out of the oven. It will be puffy and deflate pretty fast.
- You can serve it right out of the pan. Add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 4g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
- Cake Mix Cookies - March 23, 2023
- Nutella Recipes - March 20, 2023
- Snack Mix Recipes - March 20, 2023
Leave a Reply