Edible Cookie Dough has all the flavors of REAL, traditional, cookie dough with none of the danger (no raw eggs and no raw flour). It’s the chocolate-y, indulgent, sweet treat when you need it.
Edible Cookie Dough
Hi Everyone, this is what we all need right now, Edible Cookie Dough. I made this recipe with my daughter and the whole family loves it.
There is nothing like having a batch of this edible cookie dough in your fridge and being able to reach into grab a dough ball – what a sweet treat!
RELATED: Rose Water Simple Syrup
This recipe comes together easily and can be done all in one bowl!
Related: How to Make Homemade Vanilla Extract
I use a OXO Cookie scoop to make bite-size dough balls which make this edible cookie dough easier to snack on.
RELATED: Wacky Cake
These would be great dipped in chocolate. Trying this Edible Cookie Dough out as a cookie dough truffle is on my list of recipes to make.
RELATED: Oatmeal Raisin Cranberry Cookies
What Makes this Edible Cookie Dough Safe to Eat
- There are no raw eggs (or any eggs) in this recipe
- The flour is baked in the oven to kill any germs before mixing with the other ingredients to make the edible cookie dough
RELATED: How To Make Pizza Dough
RELATED: Vanilla Whipped Cream
RELATED: Apple Bundt Cake
RELATED: Candied Pecans
RELATED: Coffee Limeade
RELATED: Spritz Cookie Recipe
RELATED: Mocha Coconut Macaroons
RELATED: Lil’ Sugar Cookies
RELATED: Mile High Pear Pie
If you are looking for a healthy edible cookie dough recipe, check out this recipe from Splurge With Ella: Healthy Edible Cookie Dough.
RELATED: Grinch Sugar Cookies and Mocha Oatmeal Cookies
If you make this Edible Cookie Dough recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below, and let us know in the comments at the end of the post. Thank you for reading and following along!
RELATED: Mixed Berry Cheesecake
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I have a tutorial on how to make Vanilla Extract in the recipe archives)
- 2-4 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- Using a rimmed baking sheet, spread the all-purpose flour on the baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the unsalted butter, melt the butter at 12 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted. Add both sugars and mix until combined using a handheld electric mixer.
- Add to the butter-sugar mixture, the Kosher salt, pure vanilla extract, and milk. Using the mixer, beat until combined.
- Add the all-purpose flour gradually and mix until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix in by hand.
- You can enjoy this edible cookie dough right away, or using a cookie scoop form into dough balls. You can chill the dough in an air-tight container in the refrigerator to allow the dough to firm up.
- Please note: These are not meant for baking because they don't have eggs.
- Recipe Attribution: This recipe is inspired from Preppy Kitchen's, "Edible Cookie Dough" recipe. The original recipe, suggests substituting half the flour for toasted almond meal for a more protein.
- Storage: This edible cookie dough will store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Our Tutorial on our blog to make Vanilla Extract: How to Make Homemade Vanilla Extract
- To Make This Edible Sugar Cookie Dough: You can make this into edible sugar cookie dough by substituting 1 cup of granulated white sugar instead of the dark brown sugar and omitting the chocolate chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
KitchenAid KHM512ER 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Empire Red
Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Oxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula Set
OXO 1044082 Large Cookie Scoop, 3 TSP, Stainless Steel Multicolor
Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 172mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.