This Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is waiting for you and warms you up when you come in from the cold. It has decadent chocolate flavor, topped with marshmallows, shaved chocolate, cinnamon sticks, caramel syrup & chocolate candies.
Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
Hi Everyone, there’s snow on the ground outside…SNOW and there’s a high of 18°F today. What’s the answer for this weather situation? Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate.
This makes the perfect amount for a gathering…a hot mug of hot chocolate makes everyone feel welcome 🙂
Special thanks to Eric for being my hand model here 🙂
Ingredients for Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- unsweetened cocoa
- chocolate bar (unsweetened or bittersweet)
- condensed milk
- heavy cream or whipping cream
- milk (preferably whole or 1% or 2%)
- pure vanilla extract
- your favorite toppings! (see my suggestions in the recipe card below)
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- slow cooker
- ladle for serving
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- I have & recommend these glass mugs:
I know you will love this Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate!
- Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Recipe on SoFabFood
- Vanilla Whipped Cream
- Whipped Cream Cold-Brew Iced Coffee
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup chocolate (unsweetened or bittersweet), chopped
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- 6 cups whole milk, or same amount 1% or 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- cinnamon sticks
- marshmallows, of varying sizes
- whipped cream
- caramel or other flavored syrup
- chocolate candies
- spice mixes
- In your slow cooker, add the unsweetened cocoa, chocolate (unsweetened or bittersweet) and sweetened condensed milk. Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- After 30 minutes, using a whisk, mix ingredients and add the heavy cream.
- Add 6 cups milk and pure vanilla extract and then whisk. Cook on HIGH for 2 more hours or until it's hot.
- Add your favorite toppings like marshmallows, spice mixtures, syrups and top with candies, enjoy!
This recipe requires a slow cooker.
Tip: Keep a whisk close by the slow cooker so that you can mix the hot chocolate so it's smooth before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 411
Pin This! ⇓
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- 2019 Thanksgiving Photo Diary - November 30, 2019
- Black Friday Super Sunday Cyber Monday Favorites 2019 - November 29, 2019
- Thanksgiving Menu 2019 - November 28, 2019