Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken is an easy recipe that can be the basis for many recipes, like tacos, on top of salads, in chili, sandwiches, and more. It’s lean, a great source of protein, and only requires only 6 required ingredients.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
Hi Everyone, Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken is so easy to make and it’s a very forgiving recipe.
It’s the basis of so many recipes requiring shredded chicken or just using to top salads or to have on hand for making sandwiches or wraps.
It might not be the show pony of recipes but it’s certainly the workhorse!
Making Slow Cooker Shredded chicken has gotten dinner on the table in our busy, young family many, many nights.
I love that it is lean, not expensive and easy to do right in the slow cooker.
I personally, use a Crockpot but this recipe works in any slow cooker.
If you don’t have the spices in the recipe card below on hand, I have made it just with broth and chicken (it would definitely be blander but still yum) and then just used it in a recipe with other seasonings later.
When this Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken is going in your kitchen, your house will smell so good.
I love the smell of chicken cooking 🙂
You can shred it in big chunks or smaller shredded pieces, according to your preferences.
It just depends on the recipe you plan to use it in.
I would love to know how you will use this Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken?
Which recipe will you make it for?
If you make this Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken recipe, please give it a rating and let me know in the comments below!
Our Other Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pork Corn Stew
- Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Recipe on SoFabFood
- Sesame Chicken
- Instant Pot Lentils
- Snickerdoodle Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie
- 10 Festive St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- Chocolate Eggnog Fudge
- Easy Peanut Sauce
- 5 Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Sauce Syrup
- Homemade Apple Quick Bread
- 8 Perfect Easter Recipes
- Irish Soda Bread
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken
- 1 cup low sodium organic chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or 1 clove chopped and minced
- Add the chicken breasts in the slow cooker (I use a CrockPot).
- Add chicken broth and all the seasonings over the chicken.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours (3 hours on high works for me).
- After the time has passed, using 2 forks, shred the chicken.
- You can use the chicken immediately or you can allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
- storage: you also can freeze up to 2 months in the freezer, in and air-tight zip-up bag.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Crock-Pot SCV700SS Stainless Steel 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker, 7 Quart
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 644mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 50g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.