This Easy Guacamole is fresh and a perfect recipe for Spring and Summer. A simple recipe with red onions, fresh chopped tomatoes and a spritz of lime, enjoy it for any gathering, game day or a quick snack for yourself!
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Hi Everyone, the sunny Spring weather has me thinking of my favorite warm weather food that you would enjoy at a picnic or family gathering.
I was at the grocery store the other day and saw a whole bin of perfectly ripe avocados and I bought a bunch. Easy Guacamole whips up in a few minutes and can be served fresh with whatever you like to dip with be it pita bread, sliced French bread, crackers or veggies. It’s an easy recipe to have a family member or guest work on while you prepare other things too.
This Easy Guacamole can top your avocado toast or go with a salad or sandwich as a spread.
Cleanup is easy too as this recipe only requires 1 bowl and a fork to mix it and of course a knife and cutting board to chop the red onions and tomatoes. I use these Pyrex 1125474 Vintage Charm Rise N Shine 3 Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Multicolor“>vintage-style Pyrex bowls and LOVE them; I actually have 2 styles the blue and yellow.
You can add cilantro if you want which tastes amazing with Easy Guacamole. I love giving a little spritz of lime for serving just to give a light, citrus taste.
Add your desired amount of salt and pepper. I personally prefer kosher salt because it has nice big flakes and fresh ground black pepper.
There are a multitude of ways to customize this like adding garlic, perhaps other veggies, you name it!
The key is to getting perfectly ripe avocados. Make sure the stem at the top of the Haas avocado comes off easily and the skin should be darker, firm, yet gives when you press it. It’s just something you have to get a feel for.
I hope you enjoy this Easy Guacamole recipe, it’s one of my favorite foods and always a crowd pleaser!
- 2 Haas avocados, Ripe
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped ripe tomato
- 1-2 freshly sliced lime wedges
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, optional to serve with or mix in
- Mash both ripe Haas avocados in a small or medium bowl.
- Mix chopped red onions, chopped ripe tomato. Salt and pepper to taste. Add a spritz of lime. Optional: add chopped cilantro either mixed in or garnished on top.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 8gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Onion Dip
- Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
- Gluten Free Fried Tomatoes
- Maple Syrup Iced Coffee
- Tomato Pesto Bagel Toast
- Check out our Recipe index page
- How do you love to make guacamole? How would you customize this recipe? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin This! ⇓