This Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe is a family favorite with garden fresh flavors and fully satisfying for dinner. Customize them with ground chicken, beef, turkey or pork! (GF)
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
Hi Everyone! This Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe is one of my favorite recipes of all time.
It’s perfect for Summer with those lovely Bell peppers, I use green ones but you can swap out your favorite variety.
You can customize this Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe by changing out the kind of meat you use, adding more rice or more or less of the seasonings.
These Stuffed Bell Peppers are great for leftovers the next day. They are compact for taking to work for lunch.
Feel free to customize it and top it with your favorite cheese.
This recipe makes for 6 servings but you can double the recipe if you need more.
These are great to make when you are entertaining or if you need to bring something to a dinner gathering.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Kitchen Tools for Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
- 9 x 13 casserole baking pan
I know you are going to love this Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Salmon Tacos with Fresh Salsa and Avocado Sauce
- Couscous Fritters #FoodieMamas
- Egg Salad Recipe
- Tuna Melts
- Sautéed Stinging Nettles
- Turkey Leftovers Recipes
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
- What’s color bell pepper would you choose? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin This! ⇓
- 1 pound lean ground beef, cooked and browned, You can substitute lean ground turkey, chicken or pork
- 1 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 6 bell peppers, tops removed, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 large ripe red tomato, diced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce, You can mix it all in the filling or mix part of it in and reserve some for topping before baking
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, optional, chopped for serving, to taste
Before Starting Recipe
- Cook lean ground meat in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until evenly browned.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the prepared bell peppers in the baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cooked ground meat, cooked rice, diced tomatoes, chopped onion, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt to taste and fresh ground pepper to taste. Mix until combined.
- Fill the prepared bell peppers evenly with the ground meat-rice mixture.
- Sprinkle the top of the bell peppers with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven until peppers are tender.
- When they are done, serve with chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
A useful metric for this recipe: 1 cup of uncooked rice equals 3 cups cooked rice.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 675mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 38g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.