Above is a video from the Life’s Little Sweets YouTube channel of Lemon Garlic Hummus, be sure to subscribe to the LLS YouTube Channel for future recipe videos and more!:
Lemon Garlic Hummus
It only takes less than 7 simple ingredients and 5 minutes to make this Lemon Garlic Hummus! Enjoy with your favorite veggies, as a spread on a sandwich or with Way Better Snacks Tortilla Chips and Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil! #SnackWayBetter
Disclosure: I received Way Better Snacks Tortilla Chips complimentary, for my own testing purposed as apart of my Influenster Vox Box. I also used Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil which was provided to me for review purposes.
I am SO happy to be finally sharing my basic hummus recipe on Life’s Little Sweets. Eric and I have been making this since we have been together (about 2 years dating+ almost 5 years married now – wow!). I really have to credit Eric with the inspiration for this recipe because it’s a riff on his “Eric’s Special Hummus” recipe. His recipe is more simple, same exact recipe that you see here but minus the sprinkling of sesame seeds, salt & pepper with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil – those little extras are all me 🙂
[bctt tweet=”Try this Delicious Lemon Garlic Hummus!”]
I received Way Better Snacks Sweet Chili Corn Tortilla Chips as apart of my Influenster Vox Box and they were definitely sent to the right person because I really enjoy tasty delicious food products that are pushing the bar in terms of innovative, nutritious ingredients and participating in the Non-GMO Project. These chips are TASTY and have a zing that really compliments the flavor of the Lemon Garlic Hummus – it JUST goes.
I received Botticelli Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil complimentary to use and review and I have to say, this EVOO is fragrant and delicious! It’s imported from Italy and works so well to drizzle over this Lemon Garlic Hummus or say in a dressing…I am also featuring it in another upcoming recipe, so stay tuned! You can stay in the loop by signing up for the Life’s Little Sweets newsletter in the sidebar.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Being a huge fan of the “process” of how things come together, here (above) is another one of my collages of how to make Lemon Garlic Hummus. You will notice this recipe doesn’t call for removing the skins of the chickpeas (a great tip for getting super smooth hummus) or adding tahini (also an excellent flavor but sometimes I find hard to get in the grocery store) – this is a simple, no fuss, no muss recipe for when you want Lemon Garlic Hummus, on the table NOW.
I added the Cuisinart Food Processor that I use in this recipe to my Amazon aStore under the “Small Kitchen Appliances” section. This food processor serves me well every time I need anything to be processed 🙂
Lemon Garlic Hummus
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of organic chickpeas, drained (save liquid aside for recipe)
- 1 wedge of lemon , about 1 tablespoon
- 1-2 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds , plus more if desired
- A Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Veggies for serving (cut up carrots are our favorite to go with this!)
- Tortilla Chips for serving
- Gather your ingredients, add the chickpeas to the food processor (separated from the saved canning liquid) and sprinkle the minced garlic & lemon over the chickpeas. Process until chunky, then add some of the liquid until desired smoothness is achieved. Add salt to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- If you like this post, be sure to check out Influenster Unboxing #CheersVoxBox, Seashell Winter Planters, Honeyed Non-GMO Cornbread and Mixed Berry Cheesecake.
Sharing is caring, if you like this post, please share using the links at the bottom of this post or the share buttons to the left of the screen. Thank you in advance!
[bctt tweet=”Check out this Lemon Garlic Hummus recipe!”]
DO YOU LOVE HUMMUS? WHAT HUMMUS FLAVORS DO YOU LOVE? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs - February 5, 2019
- Home Brew Kombucha - February 4, 2019
- Game Day Entertaining Starters and Appetizers Recipe Roundup - February 1, 2019