Lazy Person Deviled Eggs – haven’t we (deviled egg lovers) done this at one point in our lives? Hard-boiled eggs and all the favorite toppings, like mustard, mayonnaise, relish, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper – go! Just do it already!
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of contents
Lazy Person Deviled Eggs
Hey Everyone, we all need those lazy recipes and this is one of them.
On more than one occasion, I have made Lazy Person Deviled Eggs and I am really just now putting a name to this habit.
Isn’t it easier to slice those hard-boiled eggs in half, put the toppings on and let your mouth/teeth do the hard work of mixing the ingredients together?
Heck, it all just gets mixed up in your stomach anyways!
I am going rouge as a food blogger at this point and just being a person who loves flavors mixed together…
This recipe actually has some inspiration…
I’ve been thinking about my maternal grandfather lately…the other day I thought about how he’s getting older and I might not have him around…I got teary-eyed and I thought about something he used to do…
My grandfather was a part-owner in Chinese restaurants, yes, a love of food, hard work, love of family, and creativity runs deep in my family and it shows up in every generation.. anyways, I remember as a kid he used to make a recipe called “Lazy Man Noodles,” where he would take Ramen noodles, toss the seasoning packet and make a delicious soup from whatever leftovers were in the fridge – and it was always so good!
That’s the inspiration for this kind of “lazy” recipe, which is not strictly a recipe in the traditional sense, I guess, it’s just nice to show you something more along the lines of “what I ate” or slightly more mundane instead of a perfectly curated blog post, it’s nice to be a little spontaneous 🙂
- 12 eggs large
- 1 tsp Kosher salt for salting the water
- 1/4 tsp ketchup, amount to taste
- 1/4 tsp sweet relish, amount to taste
- 1/4 tsp Dijon or Spicy Brown mustard, amount to taste
- pinch paprika, amount to taste
- pinch cumin, amount to taste
- pinch Kosher salt, amount to taste
- pinch ground pepper, amount to taste
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- large pot for boiling water
- slotted spoon for removing eggs from water
- large bowl for refrigerating eggs
- large plate for serving eggs
You could customize these with any kind of sauce, like Sriracha, for example, would be delicious.
If you are in a pinch for time, why not try these instead of making regular deviled eggs?
If you make some Lazy Person Deviled Eggs, let me know in the comments below!
More Egg Recipes on Life’s Little Sweets
- Air Fryer Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- How to Make Kale Chips
- Caprese Pizza
- Egg In a Hole Bagel
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee
- 2019 Easter Brunch Menu
- How to Roast a Chicken
- Vegetarian Mac n Cheese
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
- Burnt Basque Cheesecake
- Delicata Squash Recipe
- Olive Oil Cake
- Taylor Swift’s Chai Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Peach Slump
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
Thank you for reading and following along!
- 12 eggs, large
- 1 tsp Kosher salt, for salting the water
To Boil Eggs
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and add in eggs, bring to a boil again cover and remove from heat, let eggs sit in the hot water for 12 minutes. Removed and place in a bowl, refrigerate until chilled.
- When eggs are completely chilled, peel eggs and slice in half. Add your favorite toppings, like ketchup, sweet relish, mustard, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper, season to taste. Enjoy!
- 1 serving is 1 half egg with toppings
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
DOWAN 14-inch Porcelain Oval Platters/Serving Plates - 2Packs, White, Stackable
OXO Good Grips Lewis Pepper Mill
OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Cuisinart 719-16 Chef's Classic Stainless Saucepan with Cover, 1 1/2 Quart
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 36Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.