Jasmine Flower Tea: This post originally appeared on the bMAKER blog as How to Make Jasmine Flower Tea.
Jasmine Flower Tea is a floral, hot (or cold/iced) and fragrant, white tea. It’s aromatic, soothing and subtle.
Jasmine Flower Tea
Hi Everyone, I have the perfect Springtime tea for you: Jasmine Flower Tea. It’s aromatic, floral, soothing and delicious.
To me, this tea is like drinking a bouquet of flowers. It’s just a beautiful, beautiful tea experience. There’s nothing like a cup of Jasmine Flower Tea to take your mind off of any of life’s woes…
We are using our partner, bMAKER’s, food grade Jasmine Flowers to make this Jasmine Flower Tea 🙂
To sweeten or not to sweeten
Jasmine Flower Tea tastes so good and pure on its own; I personally, do not sweeten Jasmine Flower Tea but I tend not to sweeten tea or coffee drinks with a few exceptions or if I am in the mood for something sweet.
You can certainly add honey, agave or your preferred sweetener to this tea.
Health Benefits of Jasmine Flower Tea
Jasmine is said to have many health benefits, including the following (source):
- boosting energy
- weight loss
- cancer prevention
- heart health protection
- stress relief
- type 2 diabetes prevention
- helps improve immune system
- anti-inflammatory properties
- beneficial to the skin
Possible Negative Side Effects of Jasmine Flower Tea
Here are some possible negative side effects of Jasmine Flower Tea:
- Jasmine Flower Tea contains caffeine, if you are sensitive to caffeine Jasmine Flower tea may not be for you.
- Stomach irritation
- Early pregnancy contractions
As with any herbal remedy, please consult your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about Jasmine Flower Tea.
Can you add milk to Jasmine Flower Tea?
Sure, if you want to. I personally do not because the tea is beautiful on it’s own and I am more of a tea purist – that’s just my opinion! I feel like milk would mute the floral aspect of the tea. If you love milk in your tea though, have at it!
Ingredients for Jasmine Flower Tea
- loose dried food grade Jasmine flowers
- hot water
- optional: sweetener of choice
- optional: milk
Our Other Tea Recipes
If you are looking for other tea recipes, we have a bunch on the blog:
- How to Make Chrysanthemum Flower Tea (2019)
- Heather Flower Tea (2019)
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Recipe (2018)
- Thai Iced Tea (2018)
- Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea (2018)
- Hibiscus Tea (2018)
- Fresh Basil Flower Tea (2017)
- Fresh Mint Tea (2017)
- Citrus Honey Ginger Tea (2016)
- Cold-Brewed Smashed Raspberry Honey Iced Tea (2015)
- Related: Home Brew Kombucha (2019)
- Hops Golden Milk (2018)
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade (2018)
- Rosewater (2018)
About Jasmine Flower Tea
As quoted from the bMAKER Jasmine Flower package:
Jasmine is a climbing vine in the olive family found throughout tropical areas of Europe, Asia and Africa. The rose-like blooms of the plant are prized for their beauty and delicate fragrance.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Jasmine Flower Tea
- measuring spoons and cups
- T-Sac or fine mesh tea strainer
- heat safe mugs
I hope you like this Jasmine Flower Tea, if you make it and like it please rate the recipe in the recipe card and leave a comment below. Thank you for reading and following along!
- 2 teaspoons food grade Jasmine Flower Tea
- 1 cup hot water
- Bring a tea kettle of water (at least 1 cup) to a boil.
- Using a T-Sac or mesh tea strainer, put about 2 teaspoons of Jasmine Flower Tea in or you can just put it in the bottom of the mug.
- When the water comes to a boil, pour the tea over the Jasmine flowers. Cover the mug and steep for 2-4 minutes. Remove flowers, drink and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Libbey Robusta Glass Mugs, Set of 12
OXO BREW Classic Tea Kettle
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
T-Sac Tea Filter Bags, Disposable Tea Infuser, Number 2-Size, 2 to 4-Cup Capacity, Set of 200
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 9mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g
Our Other Posts
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- Wild Blackberry Wineberry Pear Oatmeal Galette - October 10, 2019
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies - October 9, 2019
- Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts - October 8, 2019