Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShopRitePBJLove #CollectiveBias #ad
Peanut Butter and Jelly Strawberry Banana Bread is a sweet quick bread recipe which is a different take on the classic PB&J sandwich. It has a ribbon of Smucker’s® Strawberry jam and Jif® Peanut Butter baked inside!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Strawberry Banana Bread
Hi Everyone! The back-to-school process really begins in August. Getting school supplies, stocking the house with the right snacks, getting into the right habits, sound familiar?
Jif® Peanut butter, Smucker’s® Fruit Spreads and Ziploc® Sandwich Bags are the perfect pairings for Back to School lunches. Ziploc® Sandwich Bags are great for portability as in easy for taking lunch to school.
That’s what has been happening around here in our household. After a Summer of visiting family and traveling, in the past few weeks, we’ve been settling into more regular habits, sticking closer to home and readying ourselves for our upcoming Fall routine.
This Peanut Butter and Jelly Strawberry Banana Bread recipe is a scrumptious way to Fall back into the back-to-school routine. We have literally been having it for lunch for the past few days. It’s great any time of day, especially for an after school snack or something to pack for a work snack or school lunch.
I love quick breads because they are filling, satisfying and are convenient to have around. This Peanut Butter and Jelly Strawberry Banana Bread is like a different twist on the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
I got Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter (16oz), Smucker’s® Strawberry SqueezeTM Reduced Sugar Strawberry Fruit Spread (17.4oz), Ziploc® brand Storage Bags with Easy Open Tabs at ShopRite. I easily found all the other ingredients for this recipe at ShopRite as well.
Step-by-Step Photos of making Peanut Butter and Jelly Strawberry Banana Bread
Here are some step-by-step photos of this recipe to break down the steps of making Peanut Butter and Jelly Strawberry Banana Bread.
You can store slices of this Peanut Butter and Jelly Strawberry Banana Bread in Ziploc®storage brands so that they are ready to grab and go in the morning for work or school.
I know you will love this Peanut Butter and Jelly Strawberry Banana Bread!
- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 3-4 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 4 strawberries, washed, sliced
- 1/2 cup Jif® Peanut Butter
- Smucker’s® Strawberry jam, amount to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 inches) with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg) with a whisk.
- Mash the ripe bananas in a medium bowl. In a 2 cup wet measure, measure the canola oil, add the eggs. Combine the oil-egg mixture with the mashed bananas.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Don't over mix or it will make the batter tough.
- Pour half to 75% of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Dot the middle of the batter with the 1/2 cup peanut butter. Squeeze the strawberry jam on either side of the peanut butter (you can be generous!). Add the remaining batter on top.
- Squeeze more strawberry jam on top, using a toothpick or a chopstick, marble the top. Add sliced strawberries on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven. The baking time will vary because it depends on the amount and size of bananas you use and the amount of jam you use. You can test for doneness by sticking a knife into the center of the loaf and it should come out clean and be set in the middle. You can always put a foil tent over the top if you don't want the bread to brown too much (I personally like the top to be browned). Bake for 15 minutes more, test and if it's still not done, do a remaining 5-10 minutes and test again.
- When the loaf is done, allow to cool on a trivet for 5-10 minutes before removing from the loaf pan and letting cool on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely or serve warm. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 3gSugar: 31gProtein: 8g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
What’s your favorite peanut butter and jelly recipe? Please let me know in the comments below! Best Wishes, ~Sara
Pin This! ⇓