Lavender Rose Shortbread Recipe: This post originally appeared on the bMAKER blog as Lavender Rose Shortbread.
This Lavender Rose Shortbread recipe is a herb-infused, classic shortbread cookie, dipped in dark chocolate and decorated with dried lavender and rose petals.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of contents
Lavender Rose Shortbread
Hi Everyone, may I present this lovely Lavender Rose Shortbread. It is a classic shortbread recipe that is herb-infused with dried lavender and rose petals, then dipped in dark chocolate and adorned with chopped pecans and more lavender and rose petals.
This Lavender Rose Shortbread would be perfect with tea or coffee, making it a pretty and sweet addition to any brunch table. I can also see them as a treat to bring as a dessert to a gathering or even for a special birthday party.
The rose petals are so subtle but they are the perfect pairing to lavender and there’s a secret ingredient that adds a freshness: lime zest.
The inspiration for this Lavender Rose Shortbread recipe came from my Lavender Shortbread recipe. With this recipe I am showing a different way to cut the shortbread, like a “pie slice” making it look more like a tart and you can add the chocolate as a drizzle which I feel holds the shortbread together very well, especially if you are going for larger pieces. The difference is the type of zest and the use of dried lavender instead of fresh. This way you can make a delicious version of this recipe year round!
Ingredients for Lavender Rose Shortbread
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender, plus more for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon rose petals, plus more for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounces (283.8 grams) dark chocolate melting wafers, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans or nuts of your choice, plus more for garnishing
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Lavender Rose Shortbread
- 2 (8 inches diameter) round cake pans
- mixing bowls
- measuring spoons and cups
- hand held electric mixer
- parchment paper (to line cake pans for easy lifting)
- 2 wire cooling racks
- 2 aluminum rimmed baking sheets
- microwave safe bowl for melting chocolate with spoon for stirring
I know you will love this oh-so-pretty, Lavender Rose Shortbread recipe, if you make it, let me know the occasion you are making it for in the comments below!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- 1.5 cups unsalted butter, 3 sticks
- 2/3 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease 2 (9 inch) round cake pans (or line with parchment paper) set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together, the unsalted butter, granulated white sugar and confectioner's sugar. The mixture should be light and fluffy. Add in the dried lavender, rose petals and lime zest.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cornstarch and kosher salt. Gradually, add into the butter mixture until combined.
- Divide the dough into 2. Press first dough into the first prepared cake pan evenly. Repeat with 2nd cake pan. Using a fork, prick the pressed dough to prevent bubbling up when baking.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges are slightly golden; the shortbread should still be white. Cool on wire racks for 5-10 minutes before slicing and removing from the pan.
- After 5-10 minutes, slice and place shortbread on the wire racks to cool completely. If you lined the cake pans with parchment, you can just easily lift the shortbread from the pan before slicing.
- Line a 2 rimmed baking sheets with wax or parchment paper, set aside. To keep it from sliding around, you can crinkle it up and then spread it in the baking sheet; it will stay put better this way.
- Melt the dark chocolate melting wafers, bowl at 15-30 second intervals, until melted, stirring in between. (defer to the instructions on the package)
- Dip the completely cooled shortbread into the melted chocolate and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with dried lavender, rose petals and chopped pecans. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set quickly.
- Alternately you can drizzle the melted chocolate over the shortbread before slicing and decorate with the dried lavender, rose petals and chopped pecans before it hardens. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set quickly. Serve and Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.