Matcha Green Tea Latte is a vibrant green tea and milk (or dairy-free milk) drink which can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Matcha Green Tea Latte
Hi Everyone, who doesn’t love a beautiful, delicious, hot (of cold, if you prefer!) beverage to start their day? This Matcha Green Tea Latte ticks off all those boxes. It’s such a treat to look at with it’s ombré green tones and just as delicious and special to sip!
This Matcha Green Tea Latte does not contain any coffee or espresso but you can optionally add 1 shot of espresso to it, if you want!
Look at that pretty sage-green color! This drink is as pretty as is delicious!
What Diet Lifestyles Does this Matcha Green Tea Latte Adhere to?
This Matcha Green Tea Latte can be made to be refined-sugar free, low carb, Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free (if you use a non-dairy milk, such as soy milk, cashew milk, coconut milk oat milk, etc.).
RELATED: Easy Peanut Sauce and Overnight Oats Recipes Collection
What Can I Sweeten this Matcha Green Tea Latte With?
I call for granulated white sugar (organic, if possible) but you can use honey (refined sugar-free option), agave syrup (vegan option), or even maple syrup (vegan option). Each type of sweetener will lend a different flavor to the final drink. What sweetener would you choose and why? Let me know in the comments at the end of the post!
RELATED: Grinch Sugar Cookies and Coffee with Whipped Cream
RELATED: Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips and Lavender Lemonade Recipe
RELATED: Overnight Oats Recipes Collection and Peach Cobbler Recipe
RELATED: Oat Coffee Milk and Boiled Butter Corn
RELATED: 2-Ingredient Chocolate Sauce Syrup
RELATED: Hops Golden Milk and Lavender Simple Syrup
What Does Matcha Tea Taste Like?
It’s slightly bitter, (you can always add a sweetener, if you want), it’s very fresh, it’s also slightly vegetal in flavor.
RELATED: Cottage Cheese Papaya
RELATED: Mint Lemonade
If you try and like this Matcha Green Tea Latte recipe, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post. Thank you for reading and following along!
RELATED: Edible Cookie Dough
RELATED: Cold Brew Iced Coffee
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Green Tea culinary powder, plus more for dusting on top
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar (or other preferred sweetener)
- 2-4 ounces whole milk (or same amount non-dairy milk, like soy, cashew, coconut, almond, oat milk, etc.)
- Using a milk steamer, on the "hot setting," steam some of the milk for topping.
- Heat the remaining milk in the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stove top.
- In a heat safe mug, add the Matcha Green Tea Powder, sugar and stir and then add the hot milk. Using a small whisk, stir to combine.
- Add the steamed milk to the top and dust with more Matcha Green Tea Powder and enjoy!
- Chill a glass with ice in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a milk steamer/frother, on the "cold" setting, steam some of the milk for topping.
- Warm the remaining milk in the microwave, it doesn't have to be hot, just warm enough to melt the sugar. Add the Matcha Green Tea Powder and sugar to the milk and whisk to combine.
- Add the Matcha-milk mixture to the chilled glass with ice.
- Add the cold frothed milk to the top and add some more Matcha Green Tea Powder to top, enjoy!
To Enjoy Matcha Green Tea Latte Hot:
To Enjoy Matcha Green Tea Latte Cold (Iced):
- Coffee or Espresso Option: This Matcha Green Tea Latte recipe does not contain any coffee or espresso but you can optionally add 1 shot of espresso to it, if you want!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Carrington Farms Matcha Tea Powder, 3.5 Ounce
Hiware 12-Pack Gold Stainless Steel Straws Reusable with Case - Metal Drinking Straws for 30oz / 20oz Tumblers Yeti Dishwasher Safe, 2 Brushes Included
Zunii 300-Pack Multi-Color Biodegradable Paper Straws - 10 Bright Colors - Eco Friendly Straws for Juice, Soda, Cocktails, Shakes - Great for Birthday Parties, Bridal Showers, Cake Pop Sticks
Naturalik 300-Pack Biodegradable Paper Straws Dye-Free- Brown Kraft Premium Eco-Friendly Paper Straws Bulk- Drinking Straws for Juices, Smoothies, Restaurants and Party Decorations, 7.7" (Brown Kraft)
SENHAI Set of 8 Stainless Steel Straws for 30oz 20oz Tumblers Cups Mugs, Metal Drinking Straw with Cleaning Brush for 30 20 Ounce Yeti Rambler Rtic Ozark Trail
JarJackets Silicone Mason Jar Protector Sleeve - Fits Ball, Kerr 16oz (1 pint) WIDE-Mouth Jars | Package of 4 (Multicolor) …
Ball Mason Jar Pint Wide Mouth Clear Glass W/Lids and Bands, 16-Ounces (Set of 4)
6pcs Pack 304 Stainless Steel Wide Mouth Mason Jar Lids with Straw Hole, Including 6pcs Stainless Steel Straws and 1pcs Cleaning Brush, Compatible with Ball & Kerr Mason Jars
AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
Cuisinart 719-16 Chef's Classic Stainless Saucepan with Cover, 1 1/2 Quart
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Libbey Robusta Glass Mugs, Set of 12
Libbey 10.5-ounce Irish Coffee Mug, 4-piece Set
Libbey Heavy Base Tumbler Glasses, Set of 8
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 127Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 9g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.