Sautéed Garlic Asparagus is a perfect Springtime vegetable side dish. It cooks up in minutes, it’s savory and pairs nicely with fish, meat, or grains. (gluten-free, vegan)
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Table of contents
Sautéed Garlic Asparagus
Hi Everyone, It’s Spring and that means it’s Asparagus season! One of my favorite ways to make it is sautéed on the stove top with fresh chopped garlic.
Preparing asparagus in this way is versatile: you can enjoy it over a salad, divide it up as a side for the week’s meal prep or have it as a side with dinner.
I love using regular olive oil with this recipe but if you prefer a different kind of oil or butter (a non-vegan version), feel free to use that instead.
I always associate asparagus with Spring. Asparagus peaks in availability in April, however, you can commonly find it in the grocery store from February to June.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Ingredients for Sautéed Garlic Asparagus
- olive oil
- Kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- asparagus, trimmed and tough ends cut
- 1-2 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Sautéed Garlic Asparagus
- large skillet or non stick pan
- spatter cover
- measuring spoons
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
I know you will love this Sautéed Garlic Asparagus recipe! When would you serve this asparagus recipe?
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Mocha Coconut Macaroons
- Medium Boiled Eggs
- How To Roast Garlic
- Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad
- Lemon Garlic Hummus
- Soothing Ginger Garlic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Sautéed Beet Greens
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Olive Oil Carrots
- Basil Butter Corn
- Boiled Butter Corn
- Shredded Carrot Roasted Garlic Hummus Wrap
- Cilantro Lime Hummus
- Garlic Herb Eye of the Round Roast
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, regular
- 1 bunch aparagus, washed, tough ends chopped, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, or more, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or more, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat regular olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped fresh garlic.
- Add asparagus, stirring occasionally, cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved. It should be crisp and bright green. You can always test a piece before removing from the stove (careful, it's hot!)
- Serve with more kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, amount to taste, enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.