This Cherry Clafoutis Recipe is a baked, French dessert and the perfect way to serve up red cherries or your favorite stone fruit. Dusted with powdered sugar, it also goes nicely with whipped cream.
Cherry Clafoutis Recipe
Hi Everyone! I have wanted to share a clafoutis recipe for over a years, well, years now. I didn’t before because I thought there were too many steps or it seemed indimidating from looking at a clafoutis recipe in one of my French cookbooks – not this Cherry Clafoutis Recipe!
I love and am inspired by French cooking (Eric is half French too), plus cherries are my favorite, as evidences by this recent Cherry Cobbler Recipe.
While I write this, I have the 2nd Cherry Clafoutis recipe in the oven this week. I am hooked! It’s one of the best ways to enjoy cherries (traditionally used) or your favorite stone fruit of the season.
This Cherry Clafoutis Recipe is so easy that I was able to throw it together, test a new Carrot Ginger Soup recipe (see previous) for dinner, all while Eric, Margo and our visiting French cousin Lucile are on a short hike. P.S. I also got all the dishes done AND set the table. This is the easy yet delicious-kind-of-dinner cooking that I strive for.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Kitchen Tools for Cherry Clafoutis Recipe
- measuring spoons and cups
- baking spatula
- cherry pitter
- mixing bowls ← Love these, I use them everyday!
- 10 inch pie plate
- confectioner’s sugar shaker (optional)
- pie server
By the way, you may have seen a glimpse of this Cherry Clafoutis Recipe in my last Sweet Saturday Series post.
I know you will love this Cherry Clafoutis Recipe; I suggest serving it with Vanilla Whipped Cream.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-2 1/2 cups pitted red cherries, You can substitute the same amount other fresh or frozen stone fruit
- confectioner's sugar, for dusting
- whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk, combine the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and butter. The sugar should be completely dissolved.
- Add the flour and whisk until combined and there are no lumps.
- Add the pitted cherries and pour the batter into a standard pie plate or cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (40 minutes always works for me). It should be puffy, golden and the center should be set when done.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving warm and/or whipped cream. Enjoy!
If you want to use another type of stone fruit, you can substitute the same amount.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Pie Plate (9.5-Inch, 2-Pack)
- AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
- OXO Good Grips Cherry and Olive Pitter, Red
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Winware Stainless Steel Dredges 10-Ounce with Handle
- 5x Pizza Pie Server Cake Holder Transfer Triangular Spade Spatula for Cake Baking Wood Wooden Handle Shovel Stainless Steel
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
This recipe is inspired by Basic Clafoutis.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Maple Syrup Iced Coffee
- Coffee with Whipped Cream
- Tiramisu Trifle Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
- Breakfast and Brunch Recipes Collection
- 5 Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Strawberry Buttermilk Pancakes
- Easy Peanut Sauce
- Wacky Cake
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Sauce Syrup
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
What stone fruit would you try with this clafoutis? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin This! ⇓