These Peanut Butter Cookies are a classic, homemade peanut butter cookie recipe. They are savory and sweet and can be made crispy or chewy. They taste delicious when drizzled or dipped in chocolate.
Peanut Butter Cookies
Hi Everyone, these Peanut Butter Cookies are the most classic, homemade Peanut Butter Cookies you will ever find. They have the perfect balance of savory and sweet. They are rolled in sugar before they are baked. You can do a criss-cross mark with a fork or leave them as is, if you prefer them more chewy. You can drizzle or dip them in chocolate if you want, which I HIGHLY recommend 😉
These Peanut Butter Cookies are PERFECT for a Christmas/holiday cookie swap but really, they are a cookie that you can make year round. Yes, this is a solid cookie recipe to have in your back pocket for peanut butter and cookie lovers alike.
Peanut Butter Cookies Q & A
How do I make homemade peanut butter cookies? How do you make homemade peanut butter cookies from scratch?
You came to the right place! Follow my recipe in the recipe card below.
How do you make soft peanut butter cookies?
You can use the same amount shortening in place of butter to get more of a “cake-like” texture in the cookies.
How do you make peanut butter no bake cookies?
I currently do not have a “no bake peanut butter cookie recipe” but when I do I will definitely link it here.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Cookies
- unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- peanut butter, smooth or old fashioned style
- granulated white sugar
- dark brown sugar, or you can substitute 1/4 cup honey
- baking soda
- baking powder
- large egg
- pure vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- granulated white sugar, in a small bowl for coating the dough balls
- semi sweet chocolate in a bowl, melted for dipping and/or in a Ziploc or pastry bag for piping
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Peanut Butter Cookies
- rimmed baking sheet
- silicone baking mat or parchment paper
- mixing bowls
- measuring spoons and cups
- handheld electric mixer or stand mixer
- cookie scoop
- wire cooling racks
I know you will love this Peanut Butter Cookies recipe!
Try Our Other Delicious Cookie Recipes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth or old fashioned style
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, or you can substitute 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar, in a small bowl for coating the dough balls
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate, in a bowl, melted for dipping and/or in a ziplock or pastry bag for piping
- In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat unsalted butter and peanut butter until combined and smooth.
- Add granulated white sugar, dark brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Beat the mixture until it's combined. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add in the large egg and pure vanilla extract.
- Gradually add in the flour and mix until incorporated. You may need to mix in the remaining flour by hand. If the cookie dough is hard to handle, you can chill it for 20 minutes or so until it is easier to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop or by hand, make 1 inch dough balls. Roll the dough balls in a small bowl of granulated white sugar to coat. Place on the rimmed baking sheet. Either leave as is for chewier cookies or using a fork, make a criss-cross pattern on the cookie which will make them flatter and more crispy. Bake in the preheated oven for 7-9 minutes. The bottoms should be light brown. (cookies come out crispier and bake faster on a silicone baking mat)
- When the cookies are done, cool on the sheet for a few minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack until completely cool. Optionally, dip the cookies in chocolate or drizzle, allow the chocolate to cool and harden. Enjoy!
- The nutritional information is just an ESTIMATE; we use myfitnesspal.com to generate the nutritional information for this recipe.
- 1 cookie per serving.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
OXO Good Grips Cookie Scoop, Medium, Stainless Steel
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
This Peanut Butter Cookies recipe is inspired by “Peanut Butter Cookies” in the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Chocolate Crinkles
- Lilac Flower Simple Syrup
- Raspberry Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Cookie Recipe Collection
- Homemade Cinnamon Buns
- Honeysuckle Simple Syrup
- Rosewater Lemonade
- Rose Water Simple Syrup
- Pumpkin Roll Recipe
Pin This! ⇓