Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
Buttermilk Pancakes are fluffy, classic pancakes perfect for any breakfast or brunch. Don’t have buttermilk on hand? We include a couple of workarounds in case you don’t have regular milk too! (dairy-free option)
Table of contents
Hi Everyone, I am sharing our family’s FAVORITE pancake recipe.
I make this nearly every week or weekend for my family. This is one recipe that every member of my family LOVES.
I usually share about it on my Instagram Stories, I photographed this recipe way back on 10/14/2020, and now finally, I am sharing how I make it with all of you.
I find that I am making them a lot more amid the pandemic that we are now in as I write this post.
What if I don’t have buttermilk on hand?
How to Make a Buttermilk Substitute with Milk and Lemon Juice or Vinegar: You can make it using regular milk and add 1 tablespoon of either lemon juice or white vinegar per 1 cup of milk and let stand for 5 minutes.
How to Make a Buttermilk Substitute with Water and Lemon Juice or Vinegar: For this recipe, it will still work, if you use the same amount of water and 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white or apple cider vinegar and mix together. This option is also great if you want to eliminate dairy from this recipe.
- Freezer Meal Prep
- Ted Lasso Biscuit Recipe
- Stuffed Dates Recipes
- Burnt Basque Cheesecake
- What Flowers Are Edible?
If you try this Buttermilk Pancakes recipe, and like it, please give this recipe a rating in the recipe card below, and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for following and reading along!
(This post was originally published on 5/11/2020 and updated and republished on 10/28/2021)
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk *see notes
- 3 tablespoons Canola cooking oil
- confectioner's sugar, for sprinkling, amount to taste
- honey, amount to taste
- maple syrup, amount to taste
- cut fruit, amount to taste
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, stir together egg, buttermilk, and oil. Add egg mixture to dry mixed ingredients. Stir until just combined. It's okay if the batter is slightly lumpy. Add desired fruit in the batter or on top later.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop the batter onto a heated, lightly greased, non-stick, large skillet, cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, on each side or until desired browning is achieved. Serve warm with a dollop of Greek yogurt and desired syrup. Optionally, sprinkle with some powdered/confectioner's sugar.
- How to Make a Buttermilk Substitute with Milk and Lemon Juice or Vinegar: You can make it using regular milk and add 1 tablespoon of either lemon juice or white vinegar per 1 cup of milk and let stand for 5 minutes.
- How to Make a Buttermilk Substitute with Water and Lemon Juice or Vinegar: For this recipe, it will still work, if you use the same amount of water and 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white or apple cider vinegar and mix together. This option is also great if you want to eliminate dairy from this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 100gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.