This Apple Carrot Raisin Chicken Salad can be made with freshly cooked or leftover chicken. This sweet, fresh & crunchy, chicken salad comes together in 5 minutes with only 5 ingredients.
Apple Carrot Raisin Chicken Salad
First recipe of the year!
This Apple Carrot Raisin Chicken Salad is a mixture of sweet and maybe a little savory. It’s a nice way to liven up chicken salad while using up leftover chicken and utilizing other kitchen ingredients like carrots and an apple.
I recommend tart Granny Smith apples or the Fuji variety – pretty much any type that is refreshing, crisp and holds together well.
You can eat this Apple Carrot Raisin Chicken Salad right away or let it “marinate” in the refrigerator overnight or for at least a few hours. This allows the raisins to hydrate and the flavors to blend.
This Apple Carrot Raisin Chicken Salad has only 5 ingredients: 1 apple, 1 cup (or more) cooked cubed chicken, chopped carrots (uncooked), raisins and mayonnaise. It makes 2-4 servings depending on the size of the servings.
You can lighten up this Apple Carrot Raisin Chicken Salad by swapping the mayonnaise with your favorite brand of low-fat or fat-free, plain Greek yogurt. This will add more of a “tang” flavor to the salad. I often swap mayonnaise or sour cream for plain Greek yogurt when trying to lighten up a recipe.
You can sprinkle celery seed, salt and pepper to taste in the salad if you want or leave it as is – simple is great!
You can adjust the amounts of the ingredients to suit your tastes if you want more of one or another. I left the apple skin on the apple in the pictures but you can also skin the apple too.
- 1 apple, cored and cubed (skinned if you want)
- 1 cup chicken, (or more if desired)
- 1/4 cup diced fresh carrots
- 2 ounces (57 g) raisins (I used organic)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or desired amount
- dash of celery seed *optional
- salt and pepper to taste *optional
- In a medium or large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Salad tastes best chilled overnight or at least a few hours to allow the raisin to absorb the moisture. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
OXO SoftWorks Apple Slicer, Corer and Divider
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 429 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 72mg Sodium: 342mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 27g Protein: 18g
- If you like this Apple Carrot Raisin Chicken Salad recipe, Check out Salad, Dinner and Savory Categories on Life’s Little Sweets
What’s your favorite Chicken Salad recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin this to your “Salad” board(s)! ⇓
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- 2019 Thanksgiving Photo Diary - November 30, 2019
- Black Friday Super Sunday Cyber Monday Favorites 2019 - November 29, 2019
- Thanksgiving Menu 2019 - November 28, 2019