This Tuna Salad Recipe is an easy, basic salad recipe, perfect for Summer or any time of year. Whip it up for a quick bite to eat or make it for your next gathering! (gluten-free)
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Table of contents
Tuna Salad Recipe
Hi Everyone, you would be amazed how useful it is to have a Tuna Salad Recipe in your back pocket.
Need something quick to whip up for lunch: Tuna Salad.
Feeling lazy for dinner: Tuna Salad may be made into Tuna Melts.
Need something to bring to that BBQ or Summer holiday?
Well most people like Tuna Salad, so that’s easy!
RELATED: Dalgona Coffee
I make it pretty often to be one of those in-between meals or if I run out of ideas or if I just need to turn off my creative juices.
It’s packed with veggies and protein (tuna is brain food, after all).
You can also put so many different, creative spins on it, depending on your tastes and what you are in the mood for.
Add another type of veggies (carrots work great! to it, change the spices (try curry or something spicy), swap out the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt to make it healthier, or even swap the tuna and make it a chicken salad.
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Tuna Salad Recipe
- measuring cups and spoons
- mixing and prep bowls
I know you will love this easy and basic Tuna Salad Recipe!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Red Potato Salad with Dill
- Pan-Fried Chickpeas
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 5 Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Avocado Garden Salad Recipe
- 8 Perfect Easter Recipes
- Wacky Cake
- Flower Ice Cubes
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Sauce Syrup
- Tuna Melts
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi
What’s your favorite way to have tuna salad?
Please let me know in the comments below!
- 2 cans chunk white tuna (in water), drained
- 1 cup celery or carrot
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, like Vidalia onion variety
- 1/2 cup (to start) mayonnaise (to make gluten-free, use a gluten-free mayonnaise brand), amount to taste, for a healthier option, you can substitute the same amount Greek yogurt, however, it will taste different
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed, to taste
- Kosher salt , to taste
- ground pepper , to taste
- 1 large hard boiled egg, optional, chopped
- Put all ingredients into a medium-large mixing bowl and combine. Adjust and add ingredients and seasonings to taste.
- Serve right away or chilled. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
OXO Good Grips Lewis Pepper Mill
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 746mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 28g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.