This Tuna Salad Recipe is an easy, basic salad recipe, perfect for Summer or any time of year. Whip it up for a quick bite to eat or make it for your next gathering! (gluten-free)
Tuna Salad Recipe
Hi Everyone, you would be amazed how useful it is to have a Tuna Salad Recipe in your back pocket. Need something quick to whip up for lunch: Tuna Salad. Feeling lazy for dinner: Tuna Salad, maybe made into Tuna Melts. Need something to bring to that BBQ or Summer holiday? Well most people like Tuna Salad, so that’s easy!
I make it pretty often to be one of those in-between meals or if I run out of ideas or if I just need to turn off my creative juices. It’s packed with veggies and protein (tuna is brain food, after all).
You can also put so many different, creative spins on it, depending on your tastes and what you are in the mood for. Add another type of veggies (carrots work great! to it, change the spices (try curry or something spicy), swap out the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt to make it healthier, or even swap the tuna and make it a chicken salad.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Tuna Salad Recipe
I know you will love this easy and basic Tuna Salad Recipe!
Tuna Salad Recipe
This Tuna Salad Recipe is an easy, basic salad recipe, perfect for Summer or any time of year. Whip it up for a quick bite to eat or make it for your next gathering!
- 2 cans chunk white tuna (in water) drained
- 1 cup celery or carrot
- 1/2 cup sweet onion like Vidalia onion variety
- 1/2 cup (to start) mayonnaise (to make gluten-free, use a gluten-free mayonnaise brand) amount to taste, for a healthier option, you can substitute the same amount Greek yogurt, however, it will taste different
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 large hard boiled egg optional, chopped
Put all ingredients into a medium-large mixing bowl and combine. Adjust and add ingredients and seasonings to taste.
Serve right away or chilled. Enjoy!
Tuna Salad Recipe! Click To Tweet
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
- Be sure to sign up for the Life’s Little Sweets e-mail newsletter for more updates and FREE recipes!
What’s your favorite way to have tuna salad? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin This! ⇓