This basic, Pancake recipe is a non-buttermilk pancake recipe that can be whipped up with simple pantry ingredients. It also makes a nice pancake mix that can be used as an edible gift (with directions to add the wet ingredients)! These are easy enough to make every day or for a weekend or Christmas or holiday brunch. This recipe makes about 12-13 pancakes using 1/4 cup batter each.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Hi Everyone, I love making this recipe for my family and it’s a weekday and weekend routine whenever my family and I want them, any season of the year.
This basic, old-fashioned pancake recipe is fun to customize with sprinkles or chocolate chips.
I love serving these with syrup, especially 100% pure maple syrup.
We love adding ground cinnamon to the batter and sprinkling a cinnamon-spice mix over the top when serving.We have some great spice mixture recipes here on the blog that you can sprinkle on this recipe:
We like to make this when we are out of pancake mix or just want to make them from scratch instead of having them from the box.
RELATED: French Toast
This recipe is inspired by Good Old Fashioned Pancakes on AllRecipes.com and my other pancakes recipes on my blog (linked throughout this post).
This recipe calls for baking powder not baking soda, I just want to reiterate that you get a reminder, it’s easy to confuse the two ingredients!
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1.25 cups whole milk (you can substitute non-dairy milk)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for cooking
If you try this recipe and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, Kosher salt, and sugar. In a 2-cup wet measure, add 1 large egg and melted and cooled unsalted butter and mix together. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- In a large pan, cast-iron skillet, or griddle) heat to medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon or more of unsalted butter, and allow to fully melt, use your spatula to fully coat the surface. Using 1/4 cup measure, add the pancake batter and cook each pancake until ready to flip to the other side. Adjust heat, as needed. Keep cooking in batches until all the batter is used up. You can use a baking spatula to scrape out all the remaining pancake batter. Serve the pancakes hot with optional toppings. Enjoy!
Makes about 12-13 pancakes using 1/4 cup pancake batter each.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Premium Vials, 8 Ounce, 12 Pack, Empty Glass Syrup Bottles For Canning, with Metal Lids, Glass Maple Syrup Bottles (12 Pack with Shrink Wrap)
eHomeA2Z Syrup Dispenser Honey Pot Glass Jar Commercial Quality With Cast Zink Top (1, 14 Oz)
Delling 8 in Ultralight Ceramic Dessert/Appetizer Plates, Rectangular Salad Plates for Fruit, Cheese, Dessert, Lunch and More - Set of 6, White
Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Oxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula Set
OXO 1063494 Good Grips Turner, Spatula, and Tongs Set - Safe for Nonstick Cookware,3 Piece
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 pancakes Serving Size: 1 pancake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 336mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.