This Spritz Cookie Recipe is a favorite for Christmas as it uses a cookie press and makes a large batch of cookies. These sugar cookies have a great butter flavor and can be decorated as you like or left plain. (makes about 48 cookies)
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Spritz Cookie Recipe
Hi Everyone, do you need a classic Spritz Cookie Recipe?
You have come to the right place.
This is a great basic Spritz Cookie Recipe that I make with my kids and I am happy to share it with you.
It’s great to make if you need a lot of cookies because it makes about 48 cookies per batch using a cookie press.
These taste great plain or you can decorate them as you want with food coloring, sprinkles and/or icing.
You can make them for any holiday, any time of the year and just pick a shape for the occasion.
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- granulated white sugar
- large egg, slightly beaten
- pure vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- sprinkles optional, for decoration
- icing optional, for decoration
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
- cookie press
- measuring spoons and cups
- hand held electric mixer or stand mixer
- mixing bowls
- baking spatula
- rimmed baking sheet
- silicone baking mat or parchment paper
- wire cooling racks
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cranberry Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raspberry Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Candy Corn Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Swirl Meringue Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
I know you will love this classic Spritz Cookie Recipe!
- How to Brown Butter
- Rice Pudding
- Food Processor Pizza Dough
- Bran Muffins
- Decaffeinated Dalgona Coffee
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- sprinkles , optional for decoration
- icing, optional for decoration
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together using a handheld electric mixer or stand mixer.
- Mix in the large egg and pure vanilla extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix flour and baking powder together. Gradually, add flour mixture to the egg mixture.
- Add the cookie batter into the cookie press and press cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. At this point, you can add sprinkles if you wish.
- Bake in the preheated oven, on the center rack in the middle of the oven for best results, and bake in batches.
- When the cookies are done, allow them to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack. Decorate with icing if you wish.
- To save time you can bake on multiple baking sheets at the same time.
- The cookie dough needs to be at room temperature to work well with the cookie press. It doesn't work well if it's too warm or too cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2
Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch (2 pack)
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.