This Spritz Cookie Recipe is a favorite for Christmas as it uses a cookie press and makes a large batch of cookies. These sugar cookies have a great butter flavor and can be decorated as you like or left plain. (makes about 48 cookies)
Spritz Cookie Recipe
Hi Everyone, do you need a classic Spritz Cookie Recipe? You have come to the right place. This is a great basic Spritz Cookie Recipe that I make with my kids and I am happy to share it with you. It’s great to make if you need a lot of cookies because it makes about 48 cookies per batch using a cookie press.
These taste great plain or you can decorate them as you want with food coloring, sprinkles and/or icing. You can make them for any holiday, any time of the year and just pick a shape for the occasion.
Ingredients for Spritz Cookie Recipe
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- granulated white sugar
- large egg, slightly beaten
- pure vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- sprinkles optional, for decoration
- icing optional, for decoration
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Spritz Cookie Recipe
- cookie press
- measuring spoons and cups
- hand held electric mixer or stand mixer
- mixing bowls
- baking spatula
- rimmed baking sheet
- silicone baking mat or parchment paper
- wire cooling racks
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cranberry Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raspberry Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Candy Corn Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Swirl Meringue Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
I know you will love this classic Spritz Cookie Recipe!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- sprinkles , optional for decoration
- icing, optional for decoration
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together using a hand held electric mixer or stand mixer.
- Mix in the large egg and pure vanilla extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix flour and baking powder together. Gradually, add in flour mixture to the egg mixture.
- Add the cookie batter into the cookie press and press cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. At this point, you can add sprinkles if you wish.
- Bake in the preheated oven, on the center rack in the middle of the oven for best results and bake in batches.
- When the cookies are done, allow them to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack. Decorate with icing if you wish.
- To save time you can bake on multiple baking sheets at the same time.
- The cookie dough needs to be at room temperature to work well with the cookie press. It doesn't work well if it's too warm or too cold.
- The nutritional information is just an ESTIMATE; we use myfitnesspal.com to generate the nutritional information for this recipe. 1 cookie per serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 58
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
- Be sure to sign up for the Life’s Little Sweets e-mail newsletter for more updates and FREE recipes!
Pin This! ⇓