Mixed Summer Berry Trifle: I am a contributor to Amanda’s Cookin’ and this recipe first appeared on there as Mixed Berry Trifle. *This post was originally published June, 21st, 2018.
This Mixed Summer Berry Trifle recipe is a delightful, showstopping and delicious dessert that is “no-bake”, making it perfect for those warm weather events and gatherings. It has two layers of angel food cake, sweet vanilla-lemon cream cheese, vanilla pudding, mixed berries and topped with cool whip and more mixed berries! You can make it ahead and add the toppings right before serving!
Mixed Summer Berry Trifle
Hey Everyone, Looking for a showstopping and crowd-pleasing dessert for Summer? Look no further than this Mixed Summer Berry Trifle!
The name of the game with this recipe is to make a beautiful dessert with minimal effort and maximum satisfaction in the tasty and delicious department:) You can use 1 store bought angel food bundt cakes from your grocery’s bakery section. Of course, if you have extra time, you can bake your own, but I want to make this lovely dessert as easy and doable as possible for busy people!
Really, don’t we all just want to dive right into this Mixed Summer Berry Trifle? It’s the kind of dessert we wait for all Winter long!
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Ingredients for Mixed Summer Berry Trifle
- 1 (10 ounce) store bought angel food cakes from your grocery’s baker section
- 8 ounces (1 package) Neufchatel or same amount Cream Cheese or Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 pounds strawberries, plus more for garnishing top
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package Vanilla flavored Instant Jello pudding
- 2 cups cold milk (for pudding)
- 1 (8 ounce/226 grams) container Cool Whip (you can substitute the same amount whipped cream)
- remaining strawberries
- remaining blackberries
- remaining raspberries
- fresh mint leaves, amount to taste
Kitchen Tools for Mixed Summer Berry Trifle
- mixing bowls
- measuring spoons and cups
- baking spatula
- offset spatula (for spreading layers)
- cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- 1 (13 inch wide) clear/glass trifle serving dish (about 5 quarts) (the one in these photos is by the “Anchor Hocking Company” from Target or Amazon.com)
- large serving spoon/scoop
- bowls or parfait glasses for serving
- spoons for serving
You can further customize this trifle to your liking, how about drizzling some berry or chocolate sauce, perhaps a scoop of ice cream or change up the type of berries or perhaps stone fruit?
If you chose to customize it, let me know what you create in the comments below!
Here’s a special hint with this recipe, make sure you pick out the prettiest berries for topping later before you assemble the trifle or just grab an extra carton of your favorite berries if you want to make sure you don’t run out.
Why not be a hero and bring this lovely Mixed Summer Berry Trifle to that last minute BBQ or gathering that you just got invited to! Let me know where you serve this dessert in the comments below!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
Make the vanilla pudding
Make the Cheese Layer
Assemble the Trifle
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 801Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 32gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 862mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 5gSugar: 34gProtein: 25g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
- Wacky Cake
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Apple Bundt Cake
- Strawberry Salsa Recipe
- Strawberry Nutella Waffles
- Chia Pudding
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Jam Flourless Protein Muffins
- This recipe is inspired by No Bake Berry Cheesecake Trifle in Mason Jars, Lemon Blueberry Trifle, and any of my lush or lasagna dessert recipes.