Peanut Butter Blossoms are a classic cookie, they are peanut butter cookies topped with chocolate Hershey’s kisses. (makes about 54 cookies)
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Hi Everyone, these Peanut Butter Blossoms are so much fun to make with kids. They are great for the Christmas/Holiday season and they are half chocolate having those iconic Hershey’s Kisses in the center which are added right after they come out of the oven.
You can customize the type of Hershey’s kiss, since there are a variety out there. I chose dark chocolate kisses for the Peanut Butter Blossoms in these photos.
I can totally see these Peanut Butter Blossoms as a cookie for an edible gift for the holidays or to bring to a gathering. Who could resist a plate of these beauties?
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Blossoms
- coconut oil (or substitute shortening)
- peanut butter (I used smooth style)
- granulated white sugar
- dark brown sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- milk or half and half
- pure vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- granulated white sugar
- dark chocolate kisses (or substitute milk chocolate)
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Peanut Butter Blossoms
- hand held electric mixer
- mixing bowls
- baking spatula
- measuring spoons and cups
- rimmed baking sheet
- silicone baking mat or parchment paper
I know you will love these Peanut Butter Blossoms!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, solid room temperature, you can substitute the same amount shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, I use smooth
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsps milk or half and half
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar, for rolling dough balls before baking
- 54 Hershey's Dark or Milk Chocolate Kisses, I usually get an 11 ounce bag which will give you some extra
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper (ungreased).
- In a large mixing bowl, with hand held electric mixer, beat coconut oil and peanut butter until smooth and combined.
- Add 1/2 cup granulated white sugar, dark brown sugar, baking powder, & baking soda. Beat until combined, scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, form 1 inch dough balls. Roll the balls in your hands until smooth, then roll in 1/4 cup granulated white sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes per batch on the center rack. Edges should be firm and the bottoms should be light brown.
- When the cookies are still on the sheet, press a Hershey's kiss into the center of each cookie. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- For storage: keep in an air tight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- serving size 1 cookie
- The nutritional information is an estimate; we use myfitnesspal.com to generate the nutritional information for this recipe.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Favorite Cookie Making Tools
- Ginger Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cookie Recipe Collection
- Perfect Coconut Cream Lush Dessert Recipe
- Rose Water Simple Syrup
- Cocoa Cinnamon Sugar Spice Mixture
- Raspberry Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Dreamy Lemon Lush Dessert Recipe
- Perfect Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Muffins
What gathering will you make these Peanut Butter Blossoms for? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara xo
Pin This! ⇓
*This post was originally published on 12/22/2017