Peanut Butter Blossoms are classic cookies, they are peanut butter cookies topped with chocolate Hershey’s kisses. (makes about 54 cookies)
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Hi Everyone, these Peanut Butter Blossoms are so much fun to make with kids.
They are great for the Christmas/Holiday season and they are half chocolate having those iconic Hershey’s Kisses in the center which are added right after they come out of the oven.
You can customize the type of Hershey’s kiss since there is a variety out there.
I chose dark chocolate kisses for the Peanut Butter Blossoms in these photos.
I can totally see these Peanut Butter Blossoms as a cookie for an edible gift for the holidays or to bring to a gathering.
Who could resist a plate of these beauties?
- coconut oil (or substitute shortening)
- peanut butter (I used smooth style)
- granulated white sugar
- dark brown sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- milk or half and half
- pure vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- granulated white sugar
- dark chocolate kisses (or substitute milk chocolate)
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- handheld electric mixer
- mixing bowls
- baking spatula
- measuring spoons and cups
- rimmed baking sheet
- silicone baking mat or parchment paper
I know you will love these Peanut Butter Blossoms!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Favorite Cookie Making Tools
- Ginger Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cookie Recipe Collection
- Perfect Coconut Cream Lush Dessert Recipe
- Rose Water Simple Syrup
- Cocoa Cinnamon Sugar Spice Mixture
- Raspberry Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Dreamy Lemon Lush Dessert Recipe
- Perfect Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Muffins
- Almond Meringue Kisses
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Strawberry Banana Bread
This Peanut Butter Blossoms recipe post was originally published on 12/22/2017 and it was updated and republished on 12/4/2018, 12/6/2020
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, solid room temperature, you can substitute the same amount shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, I use smooth
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsps milk or half and half
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar, for rolling dough balls before baking
- 54 Hershey's Dark or Milk Chocolate Kisses, I usually get an 11 ounce bag which will give you some extra
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper (ungreased).
- In a large mixing bowl, with a handheld electric mixer, beat coconut oil and peanut butter until smooth and combined.
- Add 1/2 cup granulated white sugar, dark brown sugar, baking powder, & baking soda. Beat until combined, scrape downsides of the bowl.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, form 1 inch dough balls. Roll the balls in your hands until smooth, then roll in 1/4 cup granulated white sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes per batch on the center rack. Edges should be firm and the bottoms should be light brown.
- When the cookies are still on the sheet, press a Hershey's kiss into the center of each cookie. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- For storage: keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- serving size 1 cookie
Nutrition Information:Yield: 54 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 4g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.