These Salmon Burgers are savory, easy to make with simple pantry ingredients like canned salmon, Panko bread crumbs, garlic, herbs and oil. You can have them on bread, buns or just on their own and/or with Sriracha Mayonnaise.
Hi Everyone, what do you like to make with canned Salmon? I am sharing my current favorite recipe to make with canned salmon, these Salmon burgers!
Of course, you can also use leftover salmon or fresh cooked salmon too. This recipe uses 3 cans of salmon. The canned salmon that I used for these photos is “tuna style” so it looks a little lighter, less pink than regular salmon.
Recipe Process Photos for Salmon Burgers
I use chives in the photos in this post, you can use a mixture of herbs, depending on what you like. Herbs like dill, parsley and cilantro also go well with fish.
I love fresh garlic in this recipe but you can also substitute garlic powder in case you do not have fresh garlic. You can use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
Salmon Vs. Tuna
You can also use canned tuna, in place of canned salmon, in the same amount.
RELATED: Tuna Melts
RELATED: Edible Cookie Dough
RELATED: No-Knead Oatmeal Bread
RELATED: Recipes Readers Are Making Now
RELATED: Irish Soda Bread
RELATED: No-Knead Flaxseed Bread
RELATED: Easy Peanut Sauce
RELATED: Gluten-Free Mocha Cake
RELATED: 5 Cinco de Mayo Recipes
RELATED: Bran Muffins, Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps
RELATED: Corned Beef and Cabbage
RELATED: 2-Ingredient Chocolate Sauce Syrup
If you try this Salmon Burgers recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below, and let us know in the comments at the end of the post. Thank you for reading and following along.
- 3 (5 ounce) cans of Salmon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, like chives, parsley, cilantro or dill
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons regular olive oil, plus more, if needed
- In a large mixing bowl, add salmon, eggs, Panko breadcrumbs, kosher salt, garlic, herbs and lemon juice or vinegar and combine everything evenly. Form the burgers into 6 evenly sized patties.
- In a skillet over medium heat (I use a cast iron skillet), add olive oil, fry the salmon burgers 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on each side. When they are done, transfer them to a plate covered in paper towel to absorb the grease. Enjoy!
- Types of Salmon To Use: You can also use leftover salmon or fresh cooked salmon too. This recipe uses 3 cans of salmon. The canned salmon that I used for these photos is "tuna style" so it looks a little lighter, less pink than regular salmon.
- Salmon vs. Tuna: You can also use canned tuna, in place of canned salmon, in the same amount.
- Fresh Garlic vs. Garlic Powder: I love fresh garlic in this recipe but you can also substitute garlic powder in case you do not have fresh garlic. You can use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Types of Herbs to Use: I use chives in the photos in this post, you can use a mixture of herbs, depending on what you like. Herbs like dill, parsley and cilantro also go well with fish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
- OXO Good Grips Soft-Handled Garlic Press
- Top Rated Zulay Premium Quality Metal Lemon Lime Squeezer - Manual Citrus Press Juicer
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 467mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.