This classic, Margarita recipe tastes like Summer with fresh lime juice, margarita mixer, tequila and served in a chilled glass, rimmed with Mediterranean salt crystals and lime slices.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of contents
- Using a cocktail mixer
- Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
- Kitchen Tools
- Process Photos for Making this Margarita Recipe
Hi Everyone, still hanging on to memories of the Summer over here as the weather is just changing in New Jersey to Autumn.
This margarita recipe is inspired by a dinner that Eric and I had at the Black Bass Hotel and Restaurant just before our wedding anniversary this past July.
I ordered a Margarita with dinner because everyone at the adjoining table had them and they looked so good!
They came in regular wine glasses which I thought was cute.
It inspired me to try making Margaritas at home for a less expensive and more convenient treat.
At this moment, I don’t have a cocktail set with a shaker, so being the resourceful person that I am, I just used a 32-ounce mason jar as a shaker which works just fine!
I love the fresh and sweet taste, tempered with salty Mediterranean sea salt crystals (I found these on Amazon and they are amazing!).
This Margarita is truly the taste of Summer in a glass!
Using a cocktail mixer
This Margarita recipe uses a margarita mixer and I found Powell & Mahoney Craft Cocktail Mixers to work well.
I used their “Classic Margarita” mixer.
You can also substitute the same amount lime juice and simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water mix).
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
- 1.5 ounces 100% pure agave tequila
- 3 ounces lime juice cocktail mixer like Powell & Mahoney “Classic Margarita”
- 1-2 lime wedges, for squeezing
- 1-2 lime slices, for garnishing
- Mediterranean Cyprus White Flake Sea Salt in a dish, crushed
- ice for shaking and serving
- 32 ounce lidded mason jar or cocktail shaker
- shallow dish for the sea salt
- chef’s knife for slicing lime(s)
- cutting board
- wine or margarita glasses
- wet measure
- ice cube trays
- long spoon
- small dishes for extra limes
Process Photos for Making this Margarita Recipe
Here are some helpful step-by-step photos for this recipe:
If you make this Margarita recipe, let me know how you like it in the comments below!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Frozen Mint Lemonade
- Homemade Frosted Lemonade
- Lavender Lemonade Recipe
- Mint Lemonade
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Frosé (Frozen Rosé Wine)
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
Thank you for reading and following along!
- 3 ounce Powell & Mahoney Classic Margarita mixer, you can substitute the same amount lime juice and simple syrup
- 1.5 ounce Tequila, I use
- 1-2 cups ice cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons Mediterranean Cyprus White Flake Sea Salt
- 1-2 slices lime, for garnishing
- 1-2 wedges lime, for garnishing
- Chill a wine or margarita glass for 5-10 minutes in the freezer. Using a wedge of lime, rub it on the edge of the chilled glass.
- In a shallow dish, filled with a few tablespoons of crushed sea salt crystals,
- In a 32-ounce lidded mason jar, filled with 1-2 cups ice, pour 3 ounces, classic margarita mixer, 1.5 ounces tequila, squeeze 1-2 wedges of lime, cover, and shake a few times.
- Pour into the prepared glasses, garnish with lime slices. Enjoy!
- this recipe can easily be doubled or more for more servings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
VonShef 9pc Gold Parisian Cocktail Shaker Bartender Set with Gift Box, Recipe Guide, Muddler, Jigger, Cocktail Strainers, Bar Spoon and Bottle Pourers
Libbey Margarita Party Glasses, Set of 12
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1093Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6360mgCarbohydrates: 266gFiber: 8gSugar: 239gProtein: 2g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.