Tomato Basil Mozzarella Bagel Toast has a crisp buttered toast, melty Mozzarella, fresh, sliced Heirloom tomatoes, chopped basil and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled with Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
Tomato Basil Mozzarella Bagel Toast
Hi Everyone, what are you doing with the Summer’s Heirloom tomatoes? I have been making a whole lot of this Tomato Basil Mozzarella Bagel Toast.
We got a lot of Heirloom tomatoes from our organic, CSA Share this Summer and this bagel toast is a great way to use them up.
When are Heirloom Tomatoes in Season in New Jersey?
In New Jersey, Heirloom tomatoes are in Season from July 10th to September 15th.
The most active time is around July 5th.
CSA Share Heirloom Tomatoes and Our Share Boxes
The Heirloom Tomatoes in this recipe post came from our organic CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share box, you can check out our CSA Share box series to see what we get every 2 weeks:
- Organic CSA Box Week 1
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 2
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 3
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 4
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 5
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 6
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 7
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 8
Basil from Our Kitchen Garden
We used the basil from our kitchen garden which grew so well this year.
If you would like to check out our recent Garden Update posts, you can catch them here:
RELATED: Tomato Salad
RELATED: French Toast
RELATED: Tomato Pesto Bagel Toast
RELATED: Tomato Pesto Bagel Toast
If you make this Tomato Basil Mozzarella Bagel Toast recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below, let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- 1 plain bagel, sliced
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded or amount to taste (or sliced)
- 2-4 slices medium large Heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or amount to taste
- 1 tablespoon (a drizzle of) extra virgin olive oil, amount to taste
- Kosher salt, amount to taste
- fresh ground pepper, amount to taste
- In a cast iron skillet, melt 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter over low-medium heat.
- Add the sliced bagel (inside, side down), flip after it becomes golden or toasted to your liking. Add the shredded Mozzarella cheese, the sliced tomato and continue to toast in the skillet until the cheese is melted.
- When it's done, remove and serve with Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper (amount to taste) and fresh chopped basil. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- OXO Good Grips Box Grater
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
- OXO 1063494 Good Grips Turner, Spatula, and Tongs Set - Safe for Nonstick Cookware,3 Piece
- Morton Salt Kosher Salt, 3 lbs, Pack of 2
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes 1.5kg/3.3lbs Tub
- Totally Bamboo Salt Box, Bamboo Storage Box with Magnetic Swivel Lid, "Salt" Engraved on Lid
- Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
- Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
- OXO Good Grips Lewis Pepper Mill
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 1210mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 5gSugar: 14gProtein: 19g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.