Organic CSA Share Box Week 3 – Sharing my bi-weekly CSA share box from Roots to River Farm (2nd full week in July 2020).
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Organic CSA Share Box Week 3
Hi Everyone, it’s time to share about our bi-weekly, local, organic CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share from Roots to River Farm!
Did you see my last post on our last share box? If not, you can catch it here, Organic CSA Share Box Week 2.
Belonging to this CSA has been a great way to ensure that we get our leafy green vegetables in our diet. It’s been inspiring in the kitchen to work with new and different vegetables.
Everything has been tasty and flavorful 🙂
WHAT WAS IN OUR SHARE THIS WEEK
Every other week, I pick 5 items to be in my CSA box share, here’s what I picked for this week, the 2nd full week in July:
- Beets – 1 bunch – We roasted these in the oven; they are SO tasty!
- Garlic – 1 bulb – I used this in a Basil Pesto, recipe coming!
- Salad Mix – bag – We made a big salad with this, recipe coming!
- Kohlrabi – 3 bulbs – We added this to our salad
- Green Sweet Peppers – 2 peppers (they included 3) – We added this to our salad
What would you make with these items? I am looking forward to our next CSA Share Box!
Do you belong to a local CSA? Please share your experience and favorite vegetables and items in the comments below, I would love to hear about it.
Thank you for reading and following along!