Organic CSA Share Box Week 6 – Sharing my bi-weekly CSA share box from Roots to River Farm (Late August).
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Organic CSA Share Box Week 6
Hi Everyone, it’s time to share about our bi-weekly, local, organic CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share from Roots to River Farm!
Did you see my last post on our last share box? If not, you can catch it here, Organic CSA Share Box Week 5, and our previous weeks:
- Organic CSA Box Week 1
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 2
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 3
- Organic CSA Share Box Week 4
WHAT WAS IN OUR SHARE THIS WEEK
Every other week, I pick 5 items to be in my CSA box share, here’s what I picked for this week:
- Peppers, Shishito – (1 quart)
- Beets – (4 bulbs)
- Cucumber – (2 pieces)
- Tomato, Heirloom (Large) – 3 lbs
- Tomato, Cherry – (pint)
I want to share some recent recipes on the blog that I’ve posted since my last CSA Share Box post:
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Apple Carrot Raisin Massaged Kale Salad
- Sautéed Green Beans Recipe
- Sautéed Shishito Peppers
- Tomato Salad
- Basil Pesto
Any of the above recipes are seasonal recipes for this point in the Summer season.
It’s been great watching my kid’s curiosity about the veggies in the boxes.
Sometimes they will try new vegetables they haven’t tried before.
What would you make from this produce?
Let me know in the comments below.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- How To Parboil Broccoli - June 9, 2023
- Cheesecloth Turkey - June 8, 2023
- Hibiscus Juice - June 7, 2023
Leave a Reply