Organic CSA Share Box Week 4 – Sharing my bi-weekly CSA share box from Roots to River Farm (last week in July 2020).
Organic CSA Share Box Week 4
Hi Everyone, it’s time to share about our bi-weekly, local, organic CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share from Roots to River Farm!
Did you see my last post on our last share box? If not, you can catch it here, Organic CSA Share Box Week 3 and our previous weeks:
My kids have been loving this excursion to go get our CSA share box every 2 weeks as something to get out and do during the pandemic when we are staying home more than usual. I’m trying to teach them about the importance of supporting local businesses and farms and I want to expose them to vegetables they know as well as new vegetables they haven’t tried before.
Sometimes they try them, sometimes they don’t but at least they are getting expose to them so that at some point later they might try them or be open to them 🙂
WHAT WAS IN OUR SHARE THIS WEEK
Every other week, I pick 5 items to be in my CSA box share, here’s what I picked for this week:
- Salad Mix – (bag) – We will use this to make a salad, it would able be great in a quiche.
- Green Beans – (1 quart) – I used these to make sauteed green beans with soy sauce, sesame seeds, and garlic.
- Tomato (Cherry) – (1/2 pint) – I used these in a salad and for snacking
- Green Sweet Peppers – (4 peppers) – I used these in a salad
- Garlic – (1 bulb) – This garlic is so good, and it would be great in a pesto, salad dressing and I used it in the green bean saute, I talked about above.
What would you make with these items? I am looking forward to our next CSA Share Box!
Do you belong to a local CSA? Please share your experience and favorite vegetables and items in the comments below, I would love to hear about it.
Thank you for reading and following along!