Disclosure: The Skylar Rae cherries for this recipe were provided by Semilt. All opinions are 100% my own.
This Cherry Cobbler Recipe is sweet, filled with delicious fresh cherries, and perfect for any summer gathering. (serves 6)
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Cherry Cobbler Recipe
Hi Everyone! I have the perfect Summer dessert recipe using stone fruit, this Cherry Cobbler Recipe.
It is filled with sweet, Skylar Rae Cherries from Stemilt Fruit. They sent me a box full of them recently and I immediately thought of an American classic dessert: the cobbler. What a perfect way to celebrate how good the fruit is.
Cherries are one of my favorite fruit. I look forward to cherry season all year and rejoice when they are finally in season.
You can also substitute the cherries in this recipe for any other stone fruit in the same amount or even your favorite Summer berries.
This Cherry Cobbler Recipe is such a classic crowd-pleaser.
Who can resist a bowl of this Cherry Cobbler with some Vanilla Whipped Cream?
Kitchen Tools Needed for this Cherry Cobbler Recipe
- cherry pitter
- mixing bowls
- large spoon for serving
- measuring spoons and cups
- 9 x 9 baking pan
This Cherry Cobbler Recipe is inspired by Cherry Cobbler on p. 272 in the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book: Celebrating the Promise, 14th Limited Edition “Pink Plaid”“>Better Homes and Gardens New CookBook, Celebrating the Promise Limited Edition.
Special thanks to Lucile, our French cousin who is visiting this Summer, for helping me prepare this Cherry Cobbler Recipe 🙂
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- 2019 Easter Brunch Menu
- Baked French Toast Casserole
- French Flag Tart
- Root Beer Float Popsicles
- Broiled White Nectarines with Vanilla Whipped Cream
- Homemade Frosted Lemonade
- Apple Cinnamon Date Smoothie
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Sauce Syrup
- 10 Festive St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- Lemon Recipes Collection
- Thanksgiving Menu 2019
- Peach Cobbler Recipe
- Coffee with Whipped Cream
What’s your favorite stone fruit?
Please let me know in the comments below!
- How to Brown Butter
- Rice Pudding
- Food Processor Pizza Dough
- Bran Muffins
- Decaffeinated Dalgona Coffee
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
Cherry Cobbler Filling
- 6 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened pitted cherries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 recipe Vanilla Whipped Cream, optional
- 1 recipe No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
For Biscuit Topping
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, salt, and optional cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or your fingertips, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a small-medium mixing bowl, stir together milk and egg. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
For Cherry Cobbler Filling
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add the pitted and sliced cherries, 1 cup sugar, and cornstarch. Cook until the cherries release their juices, stir continuously. The mixture should be bubbly.
- Transfer filling to a 2 quart (9 x 9-inch baking dish) and using a large spoon, drop the biscuit dough in 6 mounds on top of the hot filling.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes (25 minutes works for me!) or until the top of the biscuit topping is golden brown. When it's done, allow cooling in the pan on a wire rack or trivet for 1 hour (to allow the filling to thicken). Serve with Vanilla Whipped Cream and/or No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Extra Long Professional Silicone Oven Mitt - 1 Pair - Oven Mitts with Quilted Liner - Red - Homwe
Ultra Cuisine 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack for Baking fits Half Sheet Pans Cool Cookies, Cakes, Breads - Oven Safe for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling - Heavy Duty Commercial Quality
Cuisinart 719-16 Chef's Classic Stainless Saucepan with Cover, 1 1/2 Quart
Spring Chef Ice Cream Scoop with Comfortable Handle, Black
OXO Good Grips Cherry and Olive Pitter, Red
OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 511mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 4gSugar: 61gProtein: 6g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.