Lemon Rosemary Salmon is a bright, simple, savory and delicious Salmon recipe. (serves 4-6)
*This recipe post was originally published on 8/12/2017 and updated and republished 10/17/2019
Lemon Rosemary Salmon
Hi Everyone, I love salmon recipes and this Lemon Rosemary Salmon is a perfect, Summer dinner. For this salmon recipe, I used Sockeye salmon which has a stronger flavor and is more lean. It also is more red in color.
You can check out more of my salmon recipes here. In the other posts I have pointers and recommendations for choosing salmon.
This recipe is one of my “garden-inspired” recipes, you can see all of the garden-inspired recipes, here.
Below is a photo of the rosemary growing (very well!) at Eric’s dad’s beach house in LBI. I used this rosemary in this recipe.
The key is to arrange the lemon and the butter on top of the salmon, so that as it baked the juices and butter flow over the salmon.
Our Other Recipes & Posts
Check out our other recipes on the blog:
- Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe
- Oatmeal Raisin Cranberry Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts
- Flower Ice Cubes
- Goldenrod Tea
- Galette Recipes
- Fresh Herb Baked Salmon
- Lemon Water With Honey (Hot)
- Sheet Pan Lemon Tarragon Salmon Dinner
- Candied Lemon Cardamom Peel
- Homemade Frosted Lemonade
- How To Make Buttermilk
- Lavender Lemonade Recipe
- Cranberry Lemon Blackberry Mocktail for SoFabFood
- No Bake Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake on SoFabFood
- Homemade Turkey Gravy Recipe
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index and visit our Home page to view our latest posts
I know you will love this Lemon Rosemary Salmon recipe! What side dishes would you serve with this Lemon Rosemary Salmon recipe? Please let me know in the comments below! Thank you for reading and following along!
- 1.30 pounds Sockeye salmon, you can substitute the same amount another variety of salmon, I recommend organic and sustainable whenever possible
Lemon Rosemary Salmon Marinade
- 4-6 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter, to dot the top before baking
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or pepper medley, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, optional
Lemon Rosemary Salmon Marinade
- Prepare the marinade with all the ingredients and coat the entire piece(s) of salmon in the marinade. You can do this right in the dish that it will bake in. Cover and allow to marinade for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange salmon with the lemon and butter on top so that when it bakes the lemon and butter coat the salmon.
- When it's done serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
To test for doneness, the salmon should flake apart in the thickest part and surest way to make sure its done is using a meat thermometer: 145 degrees F internal temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 442 Total Fat: 35g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 24g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 437mg Carbohydrates: 2g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 30g