Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MichaelAngelosMeals #KitchenCraftedItalian #CollectiveBias
This Tri-Color Salad (Three Color Salad, Insalata Tri Colore) has fresh Belgian endive, radicchio, and baby arugula with a light Dijon balsamic vinaigrette. It pairs nicely with Michael Angelo’s Chicken Bruschetta Meal Starter for an easy dinner!
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of contents
Tri Color Salad
Hi Everyone, how’s your week going?
Mine has been unexpectedly busy, to say the least.
Getting dinner on the table is more important when it’s busy because it’s the one time when our family can reconnect, talk about our day and just share some time together.
I love this Tri-Color Salad because it’s classic, it’s simple, it has bold flavor in its greens and it’s balanced out by a complementary Dijon balsamic vinaigrette.
Those salad greens are colorful and are so healthy and fresh to have with dinner.
I have to give credit to my Mother-in-Law, Linda, for inspiring the idea for this recipe. A few weeks ago, she brought over a Tri Color Salad and we loved it. She told me at a certain time, years ago, it was pretty popular. I just love all the complex flavors going on in what seems like a very simple salad.
Ingredients for Tri Color Salad
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt, amount to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, ground, amount to taste
- 2 Belgian endives
- 1 head radicchio
- 5 ounces baby arugula (or amount to taste)
- optional topping: shaved Parmesan cheese
About Michael Angelo’s
Michael Angelo’s meals have homemade tastes and there are no artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners.
I easily found Michael Angelo’s products in the freezer section of Walmart.
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Tri Color Salad
- cutting board (for veggies)
- chef’s knife
- salad spinner (for drying the greens)
Recipe Process Photos
Here are some step-by-step photos to help you to make this Tri Color Salad:
If you make this Tri Color Salad, please let me know in the comments below!
- Nettle Pesto
- How to Make Kale Chips
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee
- Burrata Charcuterie Board
- Steamed Broccoli Rabe Rapini
- Irish Coffee
- Egg Carrot Salad
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Scrambled Eggs in Bacon Fat
- Split Pea Soup Recipe
- Flower Ice Cubes
- How to Roast a Chicken
- Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad
- Caprese Pizza
- Hops Flower Tea
- Oatmeal Recipes Collection
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, amount to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, amount to taste
- 1/4 Kosher salt, amount to taste
- 1/4 fresh ground black pepper, ground, amount to taste
- 2 Belgian endives, cut into 3/4 inch slices, washed and dry
- 1 head radicchio, quartered, then cut into 3/4 inch slices, washed and dry
- 5 ounces baby arugula, or amount to taste, washed and dry
- shaved Parmesan cheese, optional topping
To Make Dressing
- In a lidded mason jar, mix the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper until blended.
To Make Salad
- In a large mixing bowl, add the prepared Belgian endives, radicchio and baby arugula. Toss until mixed. If you are serving right away, you can add the dressing or you can add it when serving. Add optional shaved Parmesan when serving. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 357mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.