Air Fryer French Fries are savory cut potatoes seasoned with Kosher salt, cumin, smoked paprika, fresh ground black pepper, onion powder, and a little bit of Canola oil. Try these easy-to-make, healthier than traditionally fried french fries using an Air Fryer.
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of contents
Air Fryer French Fries
Hi Everyone, these fries are more healthy than your traditional fried French fry recipe because they use just 1 tablespoon of Canola oil and are cooked in an air fryer versus being fried in oil.
I LOVE French fries but I don’t like that they are usually fried in oil which makes them unhealthy.
Having an air fryer makes making French fries not only healthy but it’s easy and they taste great.
French fries are actually one of the most popular recipes to make in an air fryer.
Table of contents
What Air Fryer Do We Use?
This is the air fryer we have: Dash DFAF455GBAQ01 Deluxe Electric Air Fryer + Oven Cooker with Temperature Control, Non-Stick Fry Basket, Recipe Guide + Auto Shut Off Feature, 6 quarts, Aqua *Amazon Affiliate linked in the recipe card
Here is a list of all the ingredients for this air fryer recipe:
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed, and cut into 1/2 inch wide pieces
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Here is a list of helpful kitchen tools.
A list with affiliate links is also available in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- mixing bowls
- baking spatula, tongs, or wooden spoon to mix
- measuring spoons and cups
- Air Fryer
- serving bowl
- Chef’s knife
- cutting board
If you try this recipe and like it, please give it a rating on the recipe card and let us know in the comments below!
Here are some recent posts on the blog:
- Tiramisu Trifle Recipe
- Tri Color Salad
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Mint Shortcake with Ladyfingers
- Rose Water Simple Syrup
Thank you for reading and following along!
- In a large mixing bowl, add prepared red potatoes, sprinkle the seasonings and Canola oil over them and mix until the potatoes are fully coated.
- Turn the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Add the potatoes into the Air Fryer basket and set to 30 minutes. Half way through cooking toss the potatoes so that they cook evenly. The time may vary between different air fryer, make sure to check the potatoes when they are close to being done.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
- OXO Good Grips Lewis Pepper Mill
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- HÖLM 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mesh Micro-Perforated Strainer Colander Set (1-Quart, 2.5-Quart and 4.5-Quart)
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Dash DFAF455GBAQ01 Deluxe Electric Air Fryer + Oven Cooker with Temperature Control, Non Stick Fry Basket, Recipe Guide + Auto Shut Off Feature 6 qt Aqua
- Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 557mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.