Air Fryer Kohlrabi Fries are a great way to enjoy the nutritious, vegetable Kohlrabi. Enjoy with Fry Sauce or another favorite dip! (This recipe is vegan and gluten-free)
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of contents
Air Fryer Kohlrabi Fries
Hi Everyone, these Air Fryer Kohlrabi Fries are a great way to enjoy Kohlrabi.
They have a minimal amount of regular olive oil, making them healthier than deep-fried French fries.
I love how Kohlrabi still retains some crunch and texture to it, even after it is cooked instead of getting mushy or soggy.
What is Kohlrabi?
I find Kohlrabi to be an incredibly versatile vegetable that is surprisingly not more mainstream.
According to Wikipedia:
Kohlrabi, also called German turnip, is a biennial vegetable, a low, stout cultivar of wild cabbage. It is another cultivar of the same species as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, Brussels sprouts, collard greens, Savoy cabbage, and gai lan. It can be eaten raw or cooked.
Where do you get Kohlrabi?
I get Kohlrabi from my organic CSA share box but you can also get it from the farmer’s market.
These Air Fryer Kohlrabi Fries make a great appetizer or side.
You can use the Kohlrabi greens, they are totally edible, I would use them just as you would Kale in any recipe.
Toppings for Air Fryer Kohlrabi Fries
These Air Fryer Kohlrabi Fries are garnished with chives but you can use parsley or another favorite greet as well.
I usually sprinkle some Kosher salt or other flakey salt and fresh ground black pepper on top of the Air Fryer Kohlrabi Fries before serving.
If you try this Air Fryer Kohlrabi Fries recipe and like it, please give it a rating on the recipe card at the end of the post and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Enjoy the recipe below and thank you for reading and following along!
Recipes on the Blog Popular Now
- Dreamy Lemon Lush Dessert Recipe
- Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- Cherry Clafoutis Recipe
- Sesame Chicken
- Lavender Rose Shortbread Recipe
- Sautéed Garlic Asparagus
- Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Crème Brûlée
- Matcha Green Tea Latte
This post was originally published on 10/20/2020 and updated and republished on 7/20/2021.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the prepared Kohlrabi pieces, add the olive oil, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin and black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Turn the air fryer to 400°F. Add the prepared Kohlrabi and set to 30 minutes. Halfway through cooking, toss the pieces, so that they cook evenly and pull out pieces that are cooked first. The time may differ between different air fryers. Make sure to check the Kohlrabi pieces when they are close to being done, so they don't burn.
- This recipe makes 2-4 servings, depending on the size of the serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Winco SCAL-820 20-Pound/9.09kg Scale with 8-Inch Dial
- Escali 2210IB ArtiXL Arti XL Digital Scale, Glass, Black
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- OXO 1137680 Good Grips 3-Piece Peeler Set, 10-inch, Green/Orange/Red
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Dash DFAF455GBAQ01 Deluxe Electric Air Fryer + Oven Cooker with Temperature Control, Non Stick Fry Basket, Recipe Guide + Auto Shut Off Feature 6 qt Aqua
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes 1.5kg/3.3lbs Tub
- Totally Bamboo Salt Box, Bamboo Storage Box with Magnetic Swivel Lid, "Salt" Engraved on Lid
- Morton Salt Kosher Salt, 3 lbs, Pack of 2
- OXO Good Grips Lewis Pepper Mill
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1070mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.