Almond Butter is easy to make with just a few pantry ingredients in your food processor. Try this sweet and savory spread instead of store-bought almond butter!
Hi Everyone, who is obsessed with Almond Butter? Who can’t put the jar down and can’t stop, won’t stop… eating it by the spoonful?
Friend, you are in good company here, because I happen to be one of those people who simply adores Almond Butter, it could be it’s own snack or dessert – why even take the extra step to spread it on toast or another food surface?
Now that we’ve established, the “almond butter psychology” that we are working with here, I have to tell you the stuff is so freaking easy to make. Though there are many great brands out there, forget that store bought stuff – we are making our own from scratch here!
RELATED: Wacky Cake
Why not make your own where you know EXACTLY all the simple ingredients in it?
RELATED: Oatmeal Recipes Collection
RELATED: Sautéed Garlic Asparagus
RELATED: Puff Pastry Baked Brie
Almond Butter Recipe Process Photos
Here are some Almond Butter recipe process photos:
RELATED: 2-Ingredient Chocolate Sauce Syrup
I prefer to use raw, shelled almonds but you could also use roasted almonds to give a more “roasted” flavor profile. Just make sure not to add any extra Kosher salt when you make it.
RELATED: Pistachio Butter
RELATED: Chocolate Almond Butter
RELATED: Recipes Readers Are Making Now (During the Pandemic)
RELATED: Easy Peanut Sauce
If you make this Almond Butter recipe and like it, please give the recipe a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
RELATED: Chocolate Scotcheroos
RELATED: Our Food and Lifestyle Mantra and Maple Cinnamon Butter
RELATED: Lemon Rosemary Salmon
- 2 cups (16 ounces) raw, shelled almonds or roasted, lightly salted, if you want more "roast-y" tasting almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or sea salt or Himalayan salt), plus more as needed, amount to taste - Please note: If you are using roasted & salted almonds, you may not need to add any extra salt
- 1-2 tablespoons almond, peanut oil or other light oil (optional, this makes for creamier almond butter)
- 1-2 tablespoons Wildflower (or any mild-flavored) honey or other sweetener, like Agave or maple syrup (optional, for sweeter almond butter)
- Toasting the Raw Almonds: (Skip this step if you are using pre-toasted nuts or prefer raw almonds) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a parchment or silicone baking mat lined rimmed baking sheet, spread the nuts out and toast in the oven for 5-10 minutes, stirring them half way. This makes the almond butter more roast-y and flavorful.
- To Make the Almond Butter: In a food processor, add the almonds, optional honey and other optional ingredients and processor for about 1 minute. Stop to scrape down the sides, process for another minute. Taste and adjust flavors as needed and process for another minute. When it is done to the consistency that you like (it should be glossy), scrape out into a lidded container.
- Storage: store in the refrigerator in an air-tight sealed container for up to several weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Ball Mason Jar Pint Wide Mouth Clear Glass W/Lids and Bands, 16-Ounces (Set of 4)
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch (2 pack)
AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 207Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 284mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.