Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Chocolate Almond Butter uses only 1 bowl to make and has only 3 ingredients: Almond butter, unsweetened cocoa powder, and Wildflower honey. It’s great as a spread on bagels, toast, or pastries.
Table of contents
Chocolate Almond Butter
Hi Everyone, looking for a chocolate sweet-savory spread (think similar to Nutella, only almonds instead of hazelnuts)?
This Chocolate Almond Butter recipe!
It’s so easy with only 3 ingredients: Almond butter, cocoa powder, and wildflower honey!
Our family literally eats this Chocolate Almond Butter with a spoon – it’s that good!
I came up with this recipe when I was hankering for something Nutella-like but as I write this we are in a pandemic and it’s not as simple a task to run out to the store – so why not try to make something like that at home?
This Chocolate Almond Butter was the result!
It tastes so delicious spread on toast, bagels, or in a dessert (or with ice cream!).
What Dietary Lifestyles Does this Chocolate Almond Butter Adhere to?
This Chocolate Almond Butter is Paleo, vegetarian, Whole30 (as long as the almond butter isn’t processed), and gluten-free (as long as all the ingredients are certified gluten-free).
If you want to make it vegan, you can swap the Wildflower Honey for Agave nectar or maple syrup or another similar vegan sweetener – let me know in the comments at the end of the post, if you try that!
If the cocoa powder makes the Chocolate Almond Butter too thick and hard to spread, you can add more oil, use a flavorless, vegetable, or Canola oil.
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Cheez-Its
- Matcha Rice Krispie Treats
- Jello Poke Cake
- Crème de Menthe Iced Coffee
- Dragon Fruit Simple Syrup
What would you have this Chocolate Almond Butter on?
If you try this Chocolate Almond Butter recipe and like it, please give it a recipe rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
(This post was originally published on 5/3/2020 and updated and republished on 10/28/2021)
- 1/2 cup Almond butter
- 3-4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, or amount to taste, start with 1 tablespoon, stir in and taste until you get the desired amount of chocolate flavor
- 2 tablespoons honey, or amount to taste, start with 1 tablespoon of honey and taste as you go to get the desired amount of sweetness
- In a small-medium bowl, add all the ingredients and stir to combine. Transfer to a air-tight container, like a lidded mason jar. Enjoy!
- If the cocoa powder makes the Chocolate Almond Butter too thick and hard to spread, you can add more oil, use a flavorless, vegetable or Canola oil, add a teaspoon at a time, stirring well after each addition.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Ball Mason Jar Pint Wide Mouth Clear Glass W/Lids and Bands, 16-Ounces (Set of 4)
Mason Ball Jelly Jars-4 oz. each - Quilted Crystal Style-Set of 4
Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 8g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.